[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

There is another Froyo (Stock Overdrive), but it's not as sorted or complete yet.

Last edited:

bizfox7

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, but is there a modified black version of the mms.apk for this particular rom/device? I'm coming from Harmonia 2, but I would like to use the stock messaging app as much as possible (Handcent always has trouble sending MMS). Thanks!

bizfox7

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

One really big bonus with this ROM is the internal space, which in my case nearly tripled. I assume that's a result of a lot of trimming of unnecessary files. Presently, I have 106 MB of available internal space where I was accustomed to hovering around 30-40. In spite of that, a few times in the past week, I've seen the "insufficient space" message when trying to install new apps. This baffles me. Is there another set of numbers I should look at when assessing how much free space I have to install new stuff?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Clear your cache and Dalvik cache when that happens and it should go away.
Sometimes those load up and will give you that error

redoscar3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to make a shout out to LeslieAnn, Picasticks, and all the devs involved in this lovely ROM. I started my journey with flashing about two weeks ago and have learned a lot. For the first time flasher, all the info on the internet and forums can be very confusing, especially when you are as old as I am (60ish). As such, I've made my share of mistakes. Things like having the Hitachi screen and trying to use ROM Manager to install the recovery. Learned a lot about using adb, and the Android filesystem and structure to get me out of that predicament.

I tried some of the CM7 ROMs, and while they seem to be getting very mature and bugfree, my battery life was quite bad (I use bluetooth a LOT and I suspect that may be the culprit).

Next I tried Harmonia 1.7 and was again met with the "black screen of death". I tried to flash the Picasticks kernel over the ROM and still no joy. After much reading of various threads and trial and error, I finally figured out that there is a difference between the picasticks-07a kernel referenced in this thread and the pica07remix kernel linked to by bigsupersquid in a different thread.

So I now have a working Harmonia 1.7 ROM on my Optimus V and the results have been very satisfying. Battery life, even with bluetooth running 24/7, has been wonderful (I use an XLink Bluetooth Gateway to link my Optimus V to all the extension phones around the house). The WiFi Hotspot seems to be very reliable and usable. And I have a lot more room on the phone for installing programs and such.

Again, I just wanted to say thanks to LeslieAnn and all the people involved in the assembly and tuning of this ROM. I am now quite proud of my little Android!

Red Oscar

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

The Pikasticks here is actually the same Picasticks rom, however it was reworked by BigSuperSquid to add support for newer screens (he released a patched version of Picasticks as well, but I don't know where it is off hand). Unfortunately newer phones are fickle in terms of memory and the kernel sometimes doesn't want to take (that is something I need to figure out). Otherwise it works fine on all OV's.

Glad you got it in and working (and like it). :)
These phones aren't the newest or the fastest or... Well, almost anything really, but they are tough little things with very few bugs that just work well and only get better with a good rom.

Reactions: redoscar3

redoscar3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm just glad I found the winning combination of steps necessary to get everything working on my Optimus V. As far as I'm concerned, this ROM is a keeper. Thanks for all your hard work on it. I only wish I had the skills necessary to produce such a fine product.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest downloading the apk then replacing the apk in system/app

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

If you install it like normal, it asks you if you want to replace the application. So, I could be wrong, but I think it ends up there anyway.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Well, huh. I flashed one of the gray bars and everything seemed to go smoothly. On reboot though, it got stuck on the Virgin Mobile logo and that's all I've seen for roughly 15 minutes now. I know a slow boot is expected, but should I be giving up on the idea that it's just going to spring to life?

UPDATE: Stayed frozen on the logo for another ten minutes. I got impatient, did a battery pull, booted into recovery. Sweet relief when the recovery screen appeared. Restored from the backup I made just before attempting to install the new status bar and now everything seems perfectly fine. Very cool because I've never seen a nandroid backup in action. I'd still like to flash one of the status bars, but I probably should pin down what I did wrong before I give it another go. As I recall, all I did was boot into recovery, backed up and then clicked install from SD card (or however that's worded.) If anyone sees a glaring error in those steps, please let me know.

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

You need wipe the cache and then, under advanced, wipe the dalvik cache. Then flash the zip.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

That's all? I'll give it another go. Thanks for the the tip.

AND ANOTHER UPDATE: Nope. Same thing. I wiped cache and dalvik, flashed the Harmonia1.3_gray_with-large_percentage_statusbar.zip and never got beyond the Virgin Mobile logo on reboot. Restoring from backup again.

Last edited:

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

For the last few weeks I've been having issues updating google maps. After downloading from the market it tells me the package file is invalid. I'm on 1.6.1.

Is there a work around for this?

DirtyHippy

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
That's all? I'll give it another go. Thanks for the the tip.

AND ANOTHER UPDATE: Nope. Same thing. I wiped cache and dalvik, flashed the Harmonia1.3_gray_with-large_percentage_statusbar.zip and never got beyond the Virgin Mobile logo on reboot. Restoring from backup again.

Ok here is the fix. Do a clean install of just the rom. That means wipes and . Flash the rom only and reboot. I reboot a few times bit that's me. Now go to recovery and flash the status bar zip and reboot when done! Should fix the loop.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Emboldened by the quick work of the nandroid backup, I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I used a very tiny app from the market called "Market Fix" and that probably went away. Very quick and clean.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21