[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

voteforcondit

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

leslie,

i ran the wipe app 3 times then installed the rom twice. still black screen as soon as the lg logo goes away. :( the only stock ish rom i can run is the alien one. but with that one the wifi dosnt work on my phone for some reason and that is the thing i use more then anything else on my phone... ugh.

oh and ofcourse i lost the nandroid of the stock it came with when my computer did those silly things that computers do 3 weeks ago

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I also was getting the black screen after the lg logo. I tried the picasticks07a kernel and still the same results. I then tried the picasticks remix kernel and booted right up.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

ericrwmson1

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

leslie,

i ran the wipe app 3 times then installed the rom twice. still black screen as soon as the lg logo goes away. :( the only stock ish rom i can run is the alien one. but with that one the wifi dosnt work on my phone for some reason and that is the thing i use more then anything else on my phone... ugh.

oh and ofcourse i lost the nandroid of the stock it came with when my computer did those silly things that computers do 3 weeks ago

Just making sure, you have tried installing the Picasticks remix anykernel after you flash the rom? this rom has never worked for my newer phone without that for some reason

you have to flash without signature verification

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

leslie,

Yep, try re-flashing the kernel like the others said.

If that fails, you are probably going to be stuck with IHO roms.
My guess is that your phone has bad memory in it and for some reason Froyo roms are trying to access it.
Also, did you verify the download.

As for the nandroid, you have two options...
Someone can upload a stock nandroid (the file are already on the forum) or you can flash the Virgin update, then call and say it messed up your phone, since actually, it will since it will fail to boot after flashing it. I don't see anything bad with this since you didn't actually cause this, it's a defective phone.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Rather than write it all out I'll link the thread to you My phone keeps resetting itself - Android Forums

I was searching around and found this post. Thank you! This problem frustrated me for weeks and didn't know about fixing permission! Worked perfectly.

Also for those running this ROM, since it doesn't support fixing permissions through terminal emulator, there is an option to fix permissions through the recovery under the advanced option, that might work for you.

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

I just went back to Froyo after running Harmonia 2.0+ for the past 3 months. I really think I'm going to stick with froyo for the foreseeable future. I have too many days where I wake up at 4:30-5am for work and spend all day away from a charger.

The battery life from Harmonia 1.7/froyo is just too great for me to go back to GB+. There aren't any features that are GB specific for me to go back.

TL;DR
Thanks LeslieAnn for the great Froyo rom. I got so caught up in having the latest/greatest and forgot that I didn't need/use any features I was gaining!

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Well this sucks. I've tried a few installs now. I wiped everything multiple times. No overclocking at all.

While browsing the internet, on 3g, I occasionally receive random reboots. Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me. I guess I will go back to Harmonia 2. I am really sad this didn't work out, as the extra battery life for me was a huge plus. I secretly suspect the pica07remix kernel is to blame, but I do not know for sure.

MonsterNumber7

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

Hey I just flashed Harmonia 1 on my Op V and I love it. The battery life is great, everything works, it's really nice. So thank you for that. I was just wondering what the chances were of you releasing a version of Harmonia 1 with the CyanogenMod settings menu, like in Harmonia 2. I really liked the extra options that were in there, and I'm kind of missing them now. Also, would it be possible to include Theme Chooser in Harmonia 1?

Again, thank you for all your work, both versions of Harmonia are by far my favorite roms, and I hope you continue putting out great stuff.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hey I just flashed Harmonia 1 on my Op V and I love it. The battery life is great, everything works, it's really nice. So thank you for that. I was just wondering what the chances were of you releasing a version of Harmonia 1 with the CyanogenMod settings menu, like in Harmonia 2. I really liked the extra options that were in there, and I'm kind of missing them now. Also, would it be possible to include Theme Chooser in Harmonia 1?

Again, thank you for all your work, both versions of Harmonia are by far my favorite roms, and I hope you continue putting out great stuff.
Unless you compile cm6, it won't happen and no one has ever bothered.

Harmonia is all about being stock and stability, anyhow. Adding those options just increase battery load and decrease stability. The only thing this rom gets from this point is app updates and anything we can grab from the update that was released.

Some of which I hope to add soon.

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

ok i have flashed iho clockworkmod and i cant get it to do anything but boot into recovery. i got it to make a back up of the stock rom using rom manager but when i go into the recovery from power off it will not allow me to do anything. any help out there?

not new to flashing in anyway just dont understand why i cant get the optimus v to work right.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

ok i have flashed iho clockworkmod and i cant get it to do anything but boot into recovery. i got it to make a back up of the stock rom using rom manager but when i go into the recovery from power off it will not allow me to do anything. any help out there?

not new to flashing in anyway just dont understand why i cant get the optimus v to work right.
If it is a newer optimus they have different screens so you need to flash a recovery that will work for it, look in the IHO thread for that recovery. Also- why are you trying this ROM? There are many more updated and improved ones.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If it is a newer optimus they have different screens so you need to flash a recovery that will work for it, look in the IHO thread for that recovery. Also- why are you trying this ROM? There are many more updated and improved ones.

This rom works for new screens. It has the updated kernel.

As for reasons to use this: froyo roms are still faster than gingerbread. You may have never run one of the modded froyo roms, but I assure you, they make roms like quattrimus feel like they are at a standstill. (I'm not saying anything bad about quattrimus, its my favorite)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech