[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

Thanks, I'll try that now

Edit; Flashed and works great . I didn't see in instructions in op for picasticks remix for new ovs. Thanks again. Really nice rom

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Edit; Flashed and works great . I didn't see in instructions in op for picasticks remix for new ovs. Thanks again. Really nice rom

You shouldn't have to but some of the new ov's have bad memory and the kernel doesn't stick, so you have to reflash it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dobbs69

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I think I've discovered something possibly broken. Under settings where you select a keyboard there is one called eyes free keyboard or something close.
I really like this rom by the way, great job!
That is from something else you installed.
Thanks!

I wish I had done this a long time ago, but I guess an advantage of showing up late to this party is that the code is mature and everything works perfectly!

So, thanks go to LeslieAnn and everyone else who's contributed to this ROM - you've done great work.
You're welcome.
Actually Harmonia has been around for quite a long time and always been a good stable rom. Glad you finally did it though, roms really make the OV come out of it's little shell.

is there anyway someone can make this rom compatable with the new optimus v
It already is.

it is not
Yes, it is.

You just flashed the same kernel as the rom comes with. The only difference is that your phone took it this time.

You shouldn't have to but some of the new ov's have bad memory and the kernel doesn't stick, so you have to reflash it
Exactly.
I need to take a look at the install script and see if it can be improved, maybe there is a way to make it stick better.

Reactions: dobbs69

makingmark

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejer
I think I've discovered something possibly broken. Under settings where you select a keyboard there is one called eyes free keyboard or something close.
I really like this rom by the way, great job!

That is from something else you installed.
Thanks!

Actually Leslie Ann, I don't think so, precisely - I think Google Play installs an updated TalkBack which installs this Eyes Free Keyboard. I deleted it with ES File Explorer (in system/app folder, from your own guide about gapss: com.google.android.marvin.talkback ? Provides keyboard feedback through voice. Safe to remove), rebooted and it was gone.

I also would like to give thanks for maintaining this ROM. I came here from BACKside because CM7 has bugs with using a phone headset, and this does not! Sure I miss some functionality but most of it I can get back with other apps, and it's a phone first, it needs to work well as a phone! :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Strange, I will take a look when I get a chance.
Thanks. :)

And I totally understand about it being a phone first.

adroiddeebo

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Thank-you LeslieAnn! I just downloaded Harmonia 1.7 a few days ago, and was about to flash it. However; I checked the forum first a.d you have updated to 1.8? Great!

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I am unable to get 1.8 to start. I tried coming from 1.7 and from 2.05, and in both cases, it just reboots to recovery after the Harmonia logo. I tried the fix recovery boot loop option as well. Any suggestions?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am unable to get 1.8 to start. I tried coming from 1.7 and from 2.05, and in both cases, it just reboots to recovery after the Harmonia logo. I tried the fix recovery boot loop option as well. Any suggestions?

Try flashing twice in a row. There's a problem with the kernel sticking.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Leslieann,

Thanks for the update. I am running 1.8 since I have done the V9 radio update and was getting the reboots while sending SMS. Once I did a clean install of the ROM, I could not get geolocation to work in either browser or beautiful widgets. I checked the setting in Location & Security and had a check next to "use wireless networks". Usually upon unchecking that setting and rechecking that setting, I would get a location consent popup. With your latest update I did not. I pulled the NetworkLocation.apk from the Harmonious Bumblebee Rom and replaced it in System/App, set permissions to rw-r-r and rebooted the phone. After going in and checking the setting in Location & Security, I now get the location consent popup and geolocation works in all my apps. Just thought I would let you know that it may be broken in the latest update, but it is easily fixable or maybe I am the only one running into the issue. Either way, thank you for the great Rom.

makingmark

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I am running 1.8 with the V9 radio update, it is working great, I have much better coverage!

However this morning in my pocket I had the lockscreen unlocked and my pocket :) changed the wallpaper on me. I'd like to get it back to the black & grey default (brambles background? don't know what you'd call it) but it doesn't show up in the stock wallpaper picker. How can I get it back? I searched, couldn't come up with the answer (just a lot of folks asking for the file itself).

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am running 1.8 with the V9 radio update, it is working great, I have much better coverage!

However this morning in my pocket I had the lockscreen unlocked and my pocket :) changed the wallpaper on me. I'd like to get it back to the black & grey default (brambles background? don't know what you'd call it) but it doesn't show up in the stock wallpaper picker. How can I get it back? I searched, couldn't come up with the answer (just a lot of folks asking for the file itself).

Its located in framework.apk/res/drawable/default_wallpaper.png there's no way on the phone to get it back unless you reset or extract the wallpaper png from the apk.

Reactions: makingmark

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
425702c9-68ce-5c61.jpg

I'm uploading this from tapatalk so I'm not sure if its full resolution, but there you are;)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Leslieann,

Thanks for the update. I am running 1.8 since I have done the V9 radio update and was getting the reboots while sending SMS. Once I did a clean install of the ROM, I could not get geolocation to work in either browser or beautiful widgets. I checked the setting in Location & Security and had a check next to "use wireless networks". Usually upon unchecking that setting and rechecking that setting, I would get a location consent popup. With your latest update I did not. I pulled the NetworkLocation.apk from the Harmonious Bumblebee Rom and replaced it in System/App, set permissions to rw-r-r and rebooted the phone. After going in and checking the setting in Location & Security, I now get the location consent popup and geolocation works in all my apps. Just thought I would let you know that it may be broken in the latest update, but it is easily fixable or maybe I am the only one running into the issue. Either way, thank you for the great Rom.

Hmm, yeah I swapped a few files, their signing was what caused the Play issues before, seems that may be one I should have left.

While not much actually changed, quite a few file signings did. Once I get more of an idea of what needs to go back, I'll post a new build hopefully correcting those and with luck, a better installer.

The default wallpaper acts weird because of how stripped down the rom is.
The wallpaper and optional colors are in post #2.

makingmark

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Just want to report I also have the issue reported by krowley3. It showed up as my News & Weather widget not being able to find my location. No biggie for now, I can try krowley's fix.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If you can't get it to work, let me know and I will make a patch.

I still want to look into the installer before I do an update, which should fix that issue.

jru

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know if there is a way to make Harmonia 1.8 compatible with the ext3 file system? I'd like my SD-EXT partition to be formatted ext3.

Edit: Never mind. It looks like it has to built into the kernel.

Jim

Last edited:

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm a bit confused right now. I'm on a non-OV (old/orig) LG Opitmus. I'm running harmonia 2.06. Should I be using this instead? I understand that one is gingerbread and this is still froyo, but what do you guys recommend overall?!