[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

I'm a bit confused right now. I'm on a non-OV (old/orig) LG Opitmus. I'm running harmonia 2.06. Should I be using this instead? I understand that one is gingerbread and this is still froyo, but what do you guys recommend overall?!

What is your goals and needs?

Harmonia 1 has better stability and bluetooth compatibility.
Harmonia 2 has better security, and faster speed for gaming.

Both have excellent battery life, but Harmonia 1 is pretty much the battery king.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for laying it out like that. It begs to ask one question.

I'm using v2, and I've used bluetooth headset & file-xfer (via ES) with no issues. I didn't know it was 'broken' in v2, certainly not for me! =).

After reading your breakdown I'll safely conclude v2 is where I should be, thank you very much for the response!.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for laying it out like that. It begs to ask one question.

I'm using v2, and I've used bluetooth headset & file-xfer (via ES) with no issues. I didn't know it was 'broken' in v2, certainly not for me! =).

After reading your breakdown I'll safely conclude v2 is where I should be, thank you very much for the response!.

I said better, not that it was broken. LOL

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site

What is your goals and needs?

Harmonia 2 has better security, and faster speed for gaming.

Both have excellent battery life, but Harmonia 1 is pretty much the battery king.
Harmonia is a guy? I always thought of it as a girl.

Reactions: droidmyme

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia is a guy? I always thought of it as a girl.

I almost said queen, but by (stupid and outdated) patriarchal definitions, a king is higher than a queen.

Harmonia was actually a goddess, so technically she would be higher than a king.

jtragna

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Hi, I just flashed 1.6 edify and i will boot it up into a black screen, the phone works because i can feel it vibrate when i slide my finger across, the back light works but no picture shows up? Im going from MIUI to this ROM, Recovery still works and all, i have backup ROMS on my SD card that work i just wanna know if i can get this ROM on my phone, or if you can suggest any other 2.2 ROMs? Thanks!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I just flashed 1.6 edify and i will boot it up into a black screen, the phone works because i can feel it vibrate when i slide my finger across, the back light works but no picture shows up? Im going from MIUI to this ROM, Recovery still works and all, i have backup ROMS on my SD card that work i just wanna know if i can get this ROM on my phone, or if you can suggest any other 2.2 ROMs? Thanks!

Well one page back there is an answer to this :p just flash the picasticks remix kernel. You may want to put this in the OP LeslieAnn ;)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

YOu had a bad install, and why are you flashing 1.6? That is really old.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Lul me 2. Harmonia the queen of battery.

Although, now that it mentions it my battery lasts for about 2 or 3 hrs then I recharge... Is this typical?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

That is not typical at all. I can use my phone for 2 days running this ROM before needing to recharge. Looks like its time for a new battery.

Reactions: droidmyme

jtragna

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

YOu had a bad install, and why are you flashing 1.6? That is really old.

Because I tried the newest one but it didnt work either, im running Harmonia 2, all i need is the Remix Kernel? and flash that like a regular ROM?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Because I tried the newest one but it didnt work either, im running Harmonia 2, all i need is the Remix Kernel? and flash that like a regular ROM?

That should fix it.
Odd that 1.6 worked but not 1.8, the only files changed are in the system/app folder, and minor text changes in build.prop and the installer. Nothing that could effect that changed.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Harmonia 1.8 released!
Now includes Google Play Store, which now works for purchases (verified!).
Other updates include Superuser, Gmail and a few other internal files.

That was a pain was getting Google Play store to work, but it does, all that work with Gapps on ICS and such really paid off. It was sort of a combination of things, wrong files, wrong signatures, missing files... Once I started rebuilding things I was able to work out where the issue was.

Oh, and the statusbars still work.
Updaters can probably just wipe Dalvik, but as usual, you may lose space and will have to re-flash your statusbar. Backup first because there is no guarantees.

This is great! Thank you for your hard work, LeslieAnn.

I do have a question about 1.8. U say the CPU is at stock speed and needs an app. But doesn't the Picasticks kernel automatically overclock the CPU?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

This is great! Thank you for your hard work, LeslieAnn.

I do have a question about 1.8. U say the CPU is at stock speed and needs an app. But doesn't the Picasticks kernel automatically overclock the CPU?

Some say the stand alone does, this one does not, not every phone can overclock.

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site
What I'm finding bizarre after 3 days of using 1.8 is that I was getting significantly better battery life from 2.05, which I used for the week prior to this. I reset battery stats when I installed 2.05 because I replaced the stock battery with an Anker. It just seems odd since I had more going on with 2.05 vs 1.8.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Could be an app that updated or you added, or even one that doesn't work as well on Froyo.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

I keep going back to this ROM simply because of how stable and great it is with battery life.

Is there a way to control the music while the screen is locked? Like change tracks with the volume up and down buttons like how cm7 does it? That's the only thing that kept me away from using this great ROM

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Man, just installed Harmonia 1.8 today, and words are hard to describe how pleased I am! It is such a clean and classic vanilla Froyo ROM, and it's so smooth. The lack of Google Play was the ONE complaint I had about 1.7, and you went and fixed that! Thank you so much, LeslieAnn!

*applauds*

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

almoser

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I've done a factory reset and formatted all my partitions (except sdcard) and I am getting a black screen on boot.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc