[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Also quickly popping in to share adb working for me, as well.

Also: May I have a copy of the default wallpaper, please?

-K

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the black and blue rodimus theme on here? I plan to cook my own theme up but I am at the beginning of my work week and won't have the time for a few weeks. When I am done working I'm moving so no PC. :'( but I will have my pocket PC lol

I just tried, they are totally incompatible. It didn't even install.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Check the second post for...

Options!!!
Takenover83 cooked me up a few status bars, I added another and put them in easily flash-able zips. We did this to help people who aren't sure how or can't do it. Since it isn't a simple job like downloading a different launcher, this seemed like a good way to go and puts you all this much closer to a full on themed rom of your own making and close to a themed Aphrodite/Harmonia. At this point, just add your favorite launcher and you have your own custom theme.

Be sure to boot into Harmonia at least once before flashing these.
Flash these just like you would a rom.
You can flash one on top of the other without wiping or anything but expect a slow boot the first time, just like when you flashed the rom...

Note:
These should work with Aphrodite, Stock + Xionia, Stock Virgin (must be rooted of course), and most likely Bumblebee.
This has not been tested, so backup first and keep in mind that you will end up with the green Harmonia logo during boot. They will NOT likely work on Rodimus and don't even try them on Cyanogen.

Interesting...
Harmonia was born one month, to the day, after Aphrodite was released. No, I didn't plan that. Harmonia was actually expected to be released a few days sooner but was held up in development.

Harmonia has already been downloaded more than all but two versions of Aphrodite.
In a few hours it will surpass Aphrodite 2.0 which is in second place, which will be half of what 1.3.3 has. Not bad for not even being 48 hours old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Jesus

Black Jesus

Banned
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
LeslieAnn thanks for the status bars I really like the black one it fits with my theme I use old black and white photos for my wallpaper and this just works for me.
And thanks for Harmonia I flashed it yesterday and it seems to be working fine.
Your Aphrodite Rom was the first I flashed to my phone I had a few weird things going on with it random reboots and things, I think you have gained a follower, Thanks again.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is easily in my opinion the greatest and best rom available for Optimus V users right now. I've tried them all, and this one leaves them standing in the dust in almost every category. One question though... Why 2 "Harmonia" boot animations? The second one looks much classier and is suitable alone. I'm really impressed with the work done to make this rom great, and I'm very appreciative.

- Nick

Sent from my Optimus V

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Switched from Aphrodite to this ROM soon as you released it, great job to everyone involved. Made a couple of cosmetic changes to it and doubt I will switch to any other rom unless Aphrodite has a grandchild on the way.

Here is what my phone looks like for now. Was also testing out the pseudo-wm7 style using desktop visualizer.

ldGAD.gif

Again thank you for all the work you put into this.

Edit: I really like the Harmonia Aphrodite+Picasticks bootup animation, but decided to change the second Harmonia green animation just felt it was too small (no offense). Based on the green one though I did find an animation I think is perfect but I didn't know how to do batches of images until a few hours ago, so I will probably change it soon. It is the Android sketch animation, simple like Harmonia but still has the animation factor.

Last edited:

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Went to sleep and lost 16% battery in 6 hours while phone was idle, running exact same setup that I had with rodimus rom with same Widgets, which would only lose 2% over night. Not saying its the rom, just has me curious. Ill look more into it. Oh and I always do a fast reboot before I sleep. The only definite change I did make was to setcpu. On rodimus it was set at 768/200. On this its 768/485. Or whatever the nearest values are.

Edit: oh and one other small thing. Battery goes down when using wifi and charging, on rodimus it didn't. But like I said, might not be rom but ill look more into it. Also I seem to get lag in games that I didn't before which is weird. Ill try reflashin

Last edited:

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Went to sleep and lost 16% battery in 6 hours while phone was idle, running exact same setup that I had with rodimus rom with same Widgets, which would only lose 2% over night. Not saying its the rom, just has me curious. Ill look more into it. Oh and I always do a fast reboot before I sleep. The only definite change I did make was to setcpu. On rodimus it was set at 768/200. On this its 768/485. Or whatever the nearest values are.

thank god i thought i was the only one. i lost about 50%.. but my thing also said 50% of the time i had signal so it could've been that?

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Options!!!
Takenover83 helped cook up a few status bars, I added another and put them in easily flashable zips.

Be sure to boot into Harmonia at least once before flashing these.
Flash these just like a rom.
You can flash one on top of the other without wiping or anything but expect a slow boot the first time, just like when you flashed the rom..

Black status bars
Black with stock battery indicator

blackwithstock.png

Black with a small percentage indicator
blackwithsmallpercent.png

Black with large percentage indicator
blackwithlargepercent.png

Gray status bars
Gray with stock battery indicator (Flash this to return to stock)
graywithstock.png

Gray with small percentage indicator
graywithsmallpercent.png

Gray with large percentage indicator

graywithlargepercent.png

you have "black with small letters" and "grey with small letters" switched. i kept like freaking out until i realize there was a silly error lol

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I concur that I am not getting the same battery life as with rodimus. I have yet to do the really in depth testing, but rodimus gave me about 2% drain per hour. I'm getting more than that with harmonia.

It is an interesting correlation that harmonia charges better than rodimus does, so I don't know if that is a clue or not. By charges better, I mean that I can charge faster with it than I ever could with Rodimus.

I'd have bluetooth and tune in radio going in the car on the car charger, and would barely break even on battery life after 30 mins (didn't charge, but didn't go lower). With harmonia, I gain 2% or more after 30 mins doing the same thing.

nstyle47

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL i know i wanna remove the virgin logo too... how is this picasticks kernal vs xionia 005 any faster more stable? god im still running rodimus and that kernel seeing how this is my first android and feel like i got lucky flashing it and doing the custom recovery thunderc as i pretty much had no clue what i was doing and somehow pulled it out is it worth the change i pretty much got the process down you can just flash another kernal over it right?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Edit: oh and one other small thing. Battery goes down when using wifi and charging, on rodimus it didn't. But like I said, might not be rom but ill look more into it. Also I seem to get lag in games that I didn't before which is weird. Ill try reflashin

That is really interesting. aosp suffered from a wifi bug that caused massive battery drain while it was enabled. Rodimus is supposed to suffer from a charging bug that causes the charging rate to be really slow. I wonder if in the evolution of this rom, they have accidental stumbled across both of these at the same time. Even with a wonky battery stats file, you should never lose charge while charging.

If you'd like, take an estimate of your battery life using this method: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...344-measure-your-battery-life-brag-about.html

If we get a few other people to do the same, we can tell if it is your particular setup or a problem with the rom. You can stop the test at 50-70% battery left, and it will be accurate to within +-10% of your real battery life.

Last edited: