[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since I am not away from a charger or my laptop(school) for any length of time that would completely drain the battery, I am going to stick with this rom. Everything just seems to run so much smoother and faster, no issues with lag, startup time even seems faster. I hope it isn't some sort of placebo effect because it's a new rom and it truly is faster than the first version of Aphrodite.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd encourage this information being spread out wherever possible, as well. These are extremely good points that hopefully all ROM and kernel makers be brought to speed on.

In hindsight (always the way, isn't it?) and your explanation, this now makes perfect sense to even someone as limited in knowledge about these things as I have.
-K

I just posted a thread here, which seems to be the rom/kernel development center for our device.

As for the explanation, that was my goal. :)

It was probably either LG or whoever created the wifi chip that created the issue, but Virgin REALLY should push out a patch, it's really pathetic how bad it is. One of the biggest complains about the V has been the battery, and this is why.

Since I am not away from a charger or my laptop(school) for any length of time that would completely drain the battery, I am going to stick with this rom. Everything just seems to run so much smoother and faster, no issues with lag, startup time even seems faster. I hope it isn't some sort of placebo effect because it's a new rom and it truly is faster than the first version of Aphrodite.
It's not really any faster by a noticeable amount, even benchmarks show it's pretty much the same as Aphrodite. It just feels like a complete rom instead of a stripped down, overclocked Optimus V.

If you stick to 3g, the wifi bug isn't an an issue.
I'm sticking with it and I expect to have this fixed by tomorrow.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
LeslieAnn would the kernel and the way that this updated rom is set up affect the native email app? Its not a big deal I'm just curious.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
thats strange because if I go back to the first build i can use it. Now I get incorrect user name and pass word and i know its correct. Ive tryed flashing it twice with no success. Not sure if anyone else is having the problem or its just me. Thought I would put it out there.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
By the way...
Anyone wanting relatively good functioning Harmonia, here is how...
You will lose the nice animation, and some underlying tweaks, but for the most part, it will function as intended. No guarantees on the charging bug.

Put in Harmonia,
Restart
Flash Marzz's 005 kernel
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...nel-v014-v008-v005-optimus-v-4-13-2011-a.html
Restart
Flash Picasticks kernel.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...icks-oc-kernel-built-lg-source-optimus-v.html

I would recommend this if you want to run Bumblebee or Bluesphere as well.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
thats strange because if I go back to the first build i can use it. Now I get incorrect user name and pass word and i know its correct. Ive tryed flashing it twice with no success. Not sure if anyone else is having the problem or its just me. Thought I would put it out there.

Second build is hosed, ignore it.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
By the way...
Anyone wanting relatively good functioning Harmonia, here is how...
You will lose the nice animation, and some underlying tweaks, but for the most part, it will function as intended. No guarantees on the charging bug.

Put in Harmonia,
Restart
Flash Marzz's 005 kernel
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...nel-v014-v008-v005-optimus-v-4-13-2011-a.html
Restart
Flash Picasticks kernel.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...icks-oc-kernel-built-lg-source-optimus-v.html

will this fix the battery drain issue?

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Quick run in again for a super-quick question.

I believe you already answered this with the install list a few posts back, and I believe we only have issues if the initial ROM is stock and then needs the xionia middle flash process, but if I flashed a clean Aphrodite 1.3.3 (which, as we know already, has xionia 005), flashing pickasticks .7 on top doesn't revert to the horrid stock wi-fi drivers, correct?

I'm just rechecking to be sure. Otherwise, I'm more than content with 1.3.3 until an update is available.

-K

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
will this fix the battery drain issue?
Yes, it should.

Quick run in again for a super-quick question.

I believe you already answered this with the install list a few posts back, and I believe we only have issues if the initial ROM is stock and then needs the xionia middle flash process, but if I flashed a clean Aphrodite 1.3.3 (which, as we know already, has xionia 005), flashing pickasticks .7 on top doesn't revert to the horrid stock wi-fi drivers, correct?

I'm just rechecking to be sure. Otherwise, I'm more than content with 1.3.3 until an update is available.

-K
Yes, that is fine. Aphrodite uses a Xionia kernel, which removes the crappy wifi driver.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
B
Put in Harmonia,
Restart
Flash Marzz's 005 kernel
Restart
Flash Picasticks kernel.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this for Bumblebee kernel? I'm running Romidius with the Bumblebee kernel and the black and white theme--so far everything seems to be working well enough except for a bit of strangeness with the WiFi so I would definitely appreciate something that brings the rom from 98% to a full 100% for me.

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this for Bumblebee kernel? I'm running Romidius with the Bumblebee kernel and the black and white theme--so far everything seems to be working well enough except for a bit of strangeness with the WiFi so I would definitely appreciate something that brings the rom from 98% to a full 100% for me.

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin

You should already be ok since the 005 Kernel is what rodimus uses by default (I believe).
But what she means is flash the 005 Xionia kernel, then reboot your phone, then go back into recovery and flash bumblebee again. This is of course after you have your rom in place, which you do.

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
wifi still works fine for me. Piggy with the battery but I only use wifi at home. On top of that the 3g is working better lately, VM must have been doing some work on the service in my area.

I look forward to further developments.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
wifi still works fine for me. Piggy with the battery.

That's why we are flashing 005 and then the new kernel again.
I hate my battery dying just because I'm on wifi. I typically only use wifi at home, or at a friends house, but I don't want to have to sit next to the wall to use it. :)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
That's why we are flashing 005 and then the new kernel again.
I hate my battery dying just because I'm on wifi. I typically only use wifi at home, or at a friends house, but I don't want to have to sit next to the wall to use it. :)

I'm patient and can wait for a formal fix other than a workaround.

picasticks

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have just unzipped Harmonia 1.0.1 and the tun.ko and wireless.ko modules are not correct. I don't know where they came from but they're not the ones from my kernel build.

Flash picasticks kernel and it will fix this, while leaving everything else about Harmonia intact.

I'm sure LeslieAnn will put a new ROM image up soon, but just flashing picaticks .zip will accomplish the same thing, since it's an AnyKernel updater.

EDIT: Although this problem exists in 1.0.1, the modules in 1.0 were fine. So, this issue is not the battery drain issue. LeslieAnn is still tracing that problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek