[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You are all welcome.

Easyguy, 100% all day is impossible, the phones hardware alone needs between 1and2% per hour just to keep the phone in standby. The battery life is good, and I wish it could do that, but alas, it can't.

bubu12345

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi leslieann, I notice in this ROM, I can't send file via bluetooth. I can receive just fine. Can anybody else confirm on this?
In any case, thanks for your wonderful work on this ROM.

I tried a different rom and the bluetooth works for sending and receiving.
Leslieann would be able to fix this issue please.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried a different rom and the bluetooth works for sending and receiving.
Leslieann would be able to fix this issue please.

Everything bluetooth works fine for me but my Wiimote on this ROM but stock doesnt include HID on Froyo either.

Black Jesus

Banned
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was using the latest Aphrodite rom and when I was mowing my yard had Pandora playing over Wifi and I would lose the connection to Wifi and had to restart Pandora and vice versa.
I have a big yard but I flashed the latest AOSP rom and when I lost Wifi it transitioned from Wifi to 3g without missing a beat, I am not complaining just making an observation.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
We do understand that AospRom is 2.3 and this ROM is 2.2? So wondering why one does something and other doesn't is kinda easy to figure out that it just might be an added feature and that this ROM doesn't even want to add those features or was the point of this ROM lost on a few of us?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi leslieann, I notice in this ROM, I can't send file via bluetooth. I can receive just fine. Can anybody else confirm on this?
In any case, thanks for your wonderful work on this ROM.
This sounds like one of two things.
Either bad flash, or a limitation of the phone.

AOSP is a rather tweaked system (as well as 2.3), which also happens to run a newer version of bluetooth. I would try another 2.2 rom before saying it's a problem with Harmonia because all things currently point to the bluetooth being as good as a stock phone (which it should be).

Odds are, we are using bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1, just a guess, but AOSP is probably on 3.0. That may be a 3.0 feature you were using.

I was using the latest Aphrodite rom and when I was mowing my yard had Pandora playing over Wifi and I would lose the connection to Wifi and had to restart Pandora and vice versa.
I have a big yard but I flashed the latest AOSP rom and when I lost Wifi it transitioned from Wifi to 3g without missing a beat, I am not complaining just making an observation.

The way the phone changes between wireless system changes depending on any software you have and how you have the phone setup. You can force it to stay on wifi or 3g with a tick of a box.

I can assure you, it does seamlessly transition, my mine does it daily as do other peoples (I even checked just now with Pandora). So it's either a setting, an app, or a bad flash.

bubu12345

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like one of two things.
Either bad flash, or a limitation of the phone.

AOSP is a rather tweaked system (as well as 2.3), which also happens to run a newer version of bluetooth. I would try another 2.2 rom before saying it's a problem with Harmonia because all things currently point to the bluetooth being as good as a stock phone (which it should be).

Odds are, we are using bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1, just a guess, but AOSP is probably on 3.0. That may be a 3.0 feature you were using..

I tried Rodimus and the stock rom, they both are able to send file using bluetooth. I revert back to this ROM and I could do that.

Just to be clear, by sending via bluetooth I mean like, going to gallery, select a picture (small size) and select share and bluetooth. I tried to wipe everything and reflash and I still got the same problem.
Help please.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I tried with Aphrodite 2.0.1 and it works, could it be the kernel then?

Ahhh...
There are three sets of bluetooth drivers, not 2.

The stock ones, which are here, the Xionia/Optimus S, and the AospCm ones.
Aphrodite, Rodimus and bumblebee are using the Xionia driver.

Harmonia went back to stock which fixed the stereo problem, but must have taken out the bluetooth transfer. Which means you can only have one or the other. If you have an Nandroid of the original rom give that a try and see if that works, if so, then it means I mush have missed a file someplace, which might fix it. Unfortunately, I have no way to test this.

If it doesn't work, then like I said before, it comes down to having one or the other.
It wouldn't surprise me if stock doesn't work, seeing as how so far it seems every bluetooth has some issues. Even bluetooth on my mice and desktops have issues now and then. Bluetooth is a crap technology.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This is strange yesterday I was bragging about my long battery. Today I switched over to bumble rom to see the 50% fix......but the battery ended up draining so quickly that I had to do an emergency car charge while driving home. This was with minimal usage. I thought the 50% fix would fix the 3G drop off and it didn't...So back to Harmonia :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This is strange yesterday I was bragging about my long battery. Today I switched over to bumble rom to see the 50% fix......but the battery ended up draining so quickly that I had to do an emergency car charge while driving home. This was with minimal usage. I thought the 50% fix would fix the 3G drop off and it didn't...So back to Harmonia :)

I will probably be implementing that and the power button mod from Bumblebee soon enough.

I just need to find the time and code.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't work, then like I said before, it comes down to having one or the other.
It wouldn't surprise me if stock doesn't work, seeing as how so far it seems every bluetooth has some issues. Even bluetooth on my mice and desktops have issues now and then. Bluetooth is a crap technology.

Yes it is, wish I can stream music to my car audio via wifi.....

Bluetooth have been giving me so much problems. Unfortunately, it looks like it is going to stay for a while. I did test out his problem and I was having problem sending out files to my blackberry bold. Is there a way you can put back the original bluetooth driver(s) from the stock VM rom LeslieAnn? That might fix everyone issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance