[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is, wish I can stream music to my car audio via wifi.....

Bluetooth have been giving me so much problems. Unfortunately, it looks like it is going to stay for a while. I did test out his problem and I was having problem sending out files to my blackberry bold. Is there a way you can put back the original bluetooth driver(s) from the stock VM rom LeslieAnn? That might fix everyone issues.

These are the stock VM drivers, that was how I fixed the stereo issue.
Aphrodite and earlier Harmonia was using Xionia/OS drivers.

If the original stock virgin phone worked with both the stereo and for file transfer, then I possibly missed something, if it doesn't then there is no way for me to fix it and it becomes one option or the other.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
These are the stock VM drivers, that was how I fixed the stereo issue.
Aphrodite and earlier Harmonia was using Xionia/OS drivers.

If the original stock virgin phone worked with both the stereo and for file transfer, then I possibly missed something, if it doesn't then there is no way for me to fix it and it becomes one option or the other.

OK After some testing and trial and errors, I dont not think it is the problem with the rom or the drivers. More of an issue with the android software/driver itself. A lot of other people are having the same issue. I loaded three different roms, this, bumble and stock VM rom and they all had the same problem of not being able to transfer bigger files (mp3 etc...) to a computer. What people are suggesting is to use an app called "bluetooth file transfer" and that worked!. Also make sure the windows driver is correct for your brand of bluetooth adapter on your computer or else it would not know hot to handle the files coming in.

So LeslieAnn, dont waste your time with this as it is a very common issue amongst android users. Maybe google fixed it in AOSP android version 2.3.3.

What I also found out is that transfer between two different phones can be a headache. They just dont play nice with each other.

Remember Bluetooth is not even close to being perfect.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So LeslieAnn, dont waste your time with this as it is a very common issue amongst android users. Maybe google fixed it in AOSP android version 2.3.3.

What I also found out is that transfer between two different phones can be a headache. They just dont play nice with each other.

Remember Bluetooth is not even close to being perfect.
Exactly why I wanted more feedback before I did anything, I suspected this may be the case.
I wasn't trying to blow anyone off, it just seemed that until now, it seemed bluetooth was working better than ever, and not only is there only so much I can do. I also have to know if it's just one phone, one rom, or a specific Android version that is the issue.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand, Google doesn't do much with AOSP. Comparing Google Android and AOSP Android are sort of like comparing Ubuntu with Suse. They are similar in many ways and even start and end in the same place, but interchanging bits and parts isn't going to end well. Also keep in mind, AOSP has had to wrote some of the drivers being used because they are normally closed source drivers and AOSP is all about being open.

bubu12345

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Exactly why I wanted more feedback before I did anything, I suspected this may be the case.
I wasn't trying to blow anyone off, it just seemed that until now, it seemed bluetooth was working better than ever, and not only is there only so much I can do. I also have to know if it's just one phone, one rom, or a specific Android version that is the issue.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand, Google doesn't do much with AOSP. Comparing Google Android and AOSP Android are sort of like comparing Ubuntu with Suse. They are similar in many ways and even start and end in the same place, but interchanging bits and parts isn't going to end well. Also keep in mind, AOSP has had to wrote some of the drivers being used because they are normally closed source drivers and AOSP is all about being open.

I think the problem is with the rom not a specific phone as easyguy was confirming that other roms works but just not able to send large file. I do know there are file size and type limitation on bluetooth transfer (not sure what limits it), this limitation is there in stock and aosp rom as well.

Last time I tried harmonia with xionia kernel and the bluetooth transfer didn't work neither. If you need help on testing this please let me know. I am not sure what else to try.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem is with the rom not a specific phone as easyguy was confirming that other roms works but just not able to send large file. I do know there are file size and type limitation on bluetooth transfer (not sure what limits it), this limitation is there in stock and aosp rom as well.

Last time I tried harmonia with xionia kernel and the bluetooth transfer didn't work neither. If you need help on testing this please let me know. I am not sure what else to try.

Bubu, Have you tried using Bluetooth File Transfer app? The problem is not a limitation of file size, but the intention of Google when they made those drivers was for small photo sharing and contacts syncing. etc...

Bluetooth File Transfer is using FTP and OPP to transfer/receive the files so in a way it is bypassing the limitation?

Testing these things are time consuming, I was up late last night. I have more appreciation for these roms developers now. Finding bugs and correcting them should take even more time.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use the app Bluetooth file transfer and it worked on all the ROMS even those that didnt support it. Never have tried it without the app honestly.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Obijohn was was saying in the Bumblebee thread that there are some kernel tweaks that could help, but I got the impression that you shouldn't count on much.

As mentioned, Bluetooth really wasn't designed for large files anyhow.
Personally, I don't trust it for much of anything.

framirezferrer

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed bluetooth file transfer app on both my wife's and my optimus, both running Harmonia 1.2 I'm at 60% of transferring Harmonia.zip over bluetooth which is over 60 mb.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Update: Operation completed.

Last edited:

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Was you without signal for long periods of time? Searching for signal kills the battery.

Where I live I get 1-2 bars usually, but my cell standby is at 62% and time without a signal is 98%. There's no way that can be right, because staring at the screen for a few minutes it always has at least 1 bar and about half the time has 2 bars.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you wipe on install?
Have you reset your battery stats?

Beyond that, it's either a bad app running, bad overclock settings, or a bad battery. The rom is solid.

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Did you wipe on install?
Have you reset your battery stats?

Beyond that, it's either a bad app running, bad overclock settings, or a bad battery. The rom is solid.

well i fixed my battery by installing a firewall .. but the signal issue is still there. i did wipe, i did reset battery life, and am clock 749 max and 728 min .. if its not that, must be an app i guess because the batteries perfect.

picasticks

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
well i fixed my battery by installing a firewall .. but the signal issue is still there. i did wipe, i did reset battery life, and am clock 749 max and 728 min .. if its not that, must be an app i guess because the batteries perfect.

You need to set your min clock to 480 (or lower) to have any effect on power consumption. 600+ all run at the same voltage.

ScatterBrained

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone lasts only 16 hours with average use .. the battery stats say that cell standby used the most battery ..

Mine too, but its not the ROM. I'm pretty sure its a app, because I was at one point going 2 days without having to charge my phone, and I was using the phone frequently to browse the web, read email, tweet, facebook, and stream music. Somewhere along the way, battery life took a dive. I think the battery draining culprit for me might be Words With Friends, which checks for new moves every 5 minutes by default. I just set it to never, I'm going to see if that makes a difference.

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine too, but its not the ROM. I'm pretty sure its a app, because I was at one point going 2 days without having to charge my phone, and I was using the phone frequently to browse the web, read email, tweet, facebook, and stream music. Somewhere along the way, battery life took a dive. I think the battery draining culprit for me might be Words With Friends, which checks for new moves every 5 minutes by default. I just set it to never, I'm going to see if that makes a difference.

In my experience WWF is a battery monster. Kill the app when done with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair