[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

mzxeternal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Leslie, I wanted to thank you personally for your terrific Rom. I was previously running stock+xperia and my phone was running like a piece of crap, barely better than the Stock battery wise and about as stable as Windows 95. Your rom/kernel combo is a night and day difference.

I'm sad to see you're putting it on hold especially when I finally discovered a great rom worth sticking with. Well whatever happens, I wanted to say thank you for your hard work. This rom is phenomenal. :)

You've got my sincere appreciation.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone.
It's not like the rom is going to fall apart, it works great as it sits, it just lacks a tweak or two that some others have. No need to run away from it just yet.

I just need to take some time and figure out how to do some things before I can move ahead. Not to mention time at the moment seems to be an issue. Work has been crazy lately.

Basically everything I have done with roms and kernels was more or less done by hand using a text editor and file compression program. Unfortunately, it's reached a point where using the methods I have been using are becoming a hindrance.

Last edited:
Reactions: mzxeternal

Skratte

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I've got a question, I used one of the black status bar options and pushed it to my phone. The bar is black, everything seems to be correct except the clock text is black.

If I pull down the notification bar, the date text is white but clock text is still black. Any ideas?

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've got a question, I used one of the black status bar options and pushed it to my phone. The bar is black, everything seems to be correct except the clock text is black.

If I pull down the notification bar, the date text is white but clock text is still black. Any ideas?

Check out post #35 in this very thread. Had the same problem Takenover kindly helped out. It'll fix your issue.

I just need to take some time and figure out how to do some things before I can move ahead. Not to mention time at the moment seems to be an issue. Work has been crazy lately

Do your thing, LeslieAnn. To be fair, other than the few tweaks and whatnot you mentioned, this ROM is pretty much the definitive Froyo-based package as it stands for many of us.

I still try others and just keep coming back for more.

Sort of reminds me of this girl in colleg--- um.

Nevermind.

-K

Last edited:

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
thanks for a great rom with what seems to be the best battery life out of all the roms :)

Some suggestions for the next iteration of your rom:

1. A file browser included would make things easier, since the very first app I install is titanium backup. That way, I don't have to go to the market, input my account settings, find and install a file browser, and then install titanium backup.
2. More ringtones :) Or maybe a flash to add the extra ones in?

thanks again

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
thanks for a great rom with what seems to be the best battery life out of all the roms :)

1. A file browser included would make things easier, since the very first app I install is titanium backup. That way, I don't have to go to the market, input my account settings, find and install a file browser, and then install titanium backup.

thanks again

Code:
adb install <path_to_apk>

2. Copy any ringtones you want to: /system/media/audio/ringtones
Code:
adb push [COLOR="Red"]<file.mp3>[/COLOR] /system/media/audio/ringtones
adb shell chmod 0544 /system/media/audio/ringtones/[COLOR="Red"]<file.mp3>[/COLOR]

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks mmarz, I've done these before, but the problem is they require a computer. There are times when I want to flash a rom but not be tied to a computer. Whether its at my friend's house, or sitting on the couch with my girlfriend, I'd like to be able to complete the flashing and restoration of my apps without a computer. Of course when I am close to a computer pushing works pretty quick and is my first option, but I don't want to have to have a computer around. After all, I can download a new rom straight to my phone, why not be able to do the rest right then and there? And I have tried roms before that included file browsers, so i didn't think I was asking anything particularly out of the ordinary.

Regarding ringtones, yeah I used to always restore all my favorite ones to whatever new rom I was using, but after flashing enough roms, I'm too lazy for that any more. Now I just ask the devs to include them ;)

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea, tried this, didn't work. :(
I even went into the services.jar file to make sure the hex change had been made.

How strange. Never had an issue with it since.

A longer, more convoluted way, I suppose, is grab one of the optional bars listed in the second post - which have white clock/black bar by default.

Flash it.

Then take the framework.res from that, recook it in the kitchen, and you should be good to go.

Again, not exactly efficient, but I'd imagine it'd work just fine.

-K

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Odd, try re-flashing. One of the files didn't take.

Do your thing, LeslieAnn. To be fair, other than the few tweaks and whatnot you mentioned, this ROM is pretty much the definitive Froyo-based package as it stands for many of us.

Thanks, that is why I'm also in no rush.
As it stands, it's a good solid Froyo rom, and always will be. It's so minimal, by design, how much can I really change.
Harmonia is like a rock. Very solid.

I do still want those last two items though.

1. A file browser
1. This violates the premise of the rom.
Yes, it makes for the need to go to the Market, but at the same time, what if the file browser I include isn't liked by you? Then you are stuck with it. This rom is meant to be a bare minimum Froyo with a few tweaks. This means nothing is wasted or put there that you don't want.

2. Check the second post, there is a flasher for putting the ringtones back in, as well as a zip file of them to place them on your SDcard if you wish. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: riggerman

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well time for me to go back to Harmonia. I've been playing around with aosp for the last couple of updates waiting for all bugs to get worked out. Since it looks like it's going to be a while until they get it straightened out I've been trying a few different roms. Really like all the tweaks on Bumblebee but for some reason no matter what I do I get really crappy battery life. On standby it is not bad, but as soon as I start using my phone, whether for calls, texting, surfing, or gaming the battery just takes a nose dive. So far the best all around rom I've found has to be yours.So it looks like I am back for good. Thanks for a great rom and all work you have put into it.

RobN

May 23, 2011
Visit site
While some roms take the approach of include all you can to appeal to as many as possible, my roms take the opposite approach of, "here is a good foundation, add what you need to make it work best for you". This way you get the cleanest, fastest rom possible without any bloat.
I'm new -- just got my first smartphone...umm...three weeks ago, rooted it last week, tried a few different ROMs that I couldn't get my apps restored to properly (still not sure if it's my fault or a bug between the rom and titaniam), and finally settled on this. And I'm glad I did -- the free RAM available is awesome! Now that I know what I'm doing, I can do my wife's phone, and she can load it up with all the c&@# she likes to load it up with, and still have room to actually run something!!

I appreciate the approach of offering a minimalistic experience, with links or directions to add on the pieces you need. It's an awesome approach. Thank you. It meant a few more trips to the Market, but it's not like that's difficult (and it seems my wireless LAN connection works a lot better/faster under this ROM than under stock, so it was faster than I expected, too!).

And while I haven't been here to see it, I appreciate the work that went into building this (and the work others put into writing FAQs and tools for rooting and recovering and all that). Thanks! And I sure understand the issues of work sucking your time away...been there, done that over the last year, and it's about to get worse again. Take care of yourself!

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say thank you, and that I too appreciated the minimalist (and native) approach. That's why I flashed this one as my first custom rom. It rocks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante