[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

slim313

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this ROM last night and it is running very smooth. Much better than the stock ROM I was on. Much Thanks to all involved in it's creation and distribution.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm new -- just got my first smartphone...umm...three weeks ago, rooted it last week, tried a few different ROMs that I couldn't get my apps restored to properly (still not sure if it's my fault or a bug between the rom and titaniam), and finally settled on this. And I'm glad I did -- the free RAM available is awesome! Now that I know what I'm doing, I can do my wife's phone, and she can load it up with all the c&@# she likes to load it up with, and still have room to actually run something!!

I appreciate the approach of offering a minimalistic experience, with links or directions to add on the pieces you need. It's an awesome approach. Thank you. It meant a few more trips to the Market, but it's not like that's difficult (and it seems my wireless LAN connection works a lot better/faster under this ROM than under stock, so it was faster than I expected, too!).

And while I haven't been here to see it, I appreciate the work that went into building this (and the work others put into writing FAQs and tools for rooting and recovering and all that). Thanks! And I sure understand the issues of work sucking your time away...been there, done that over the last year, and it's about to get worse again. Take care of yourself!
Just wanted to say thank you, and that I too appreciated the minimalist (and native) approach. That's why I flashed this one as my first custom rom. It rocks.

You're welcome. :)

reboot your phone
The download may be good, but how about after you transferred it to your phone?

I've had it go bad, while transferring over USB and even through media readers.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The download may be good, but how about after you transferred it to your phone?

I've had it go bad, while transferring over USB and even through media readers.

Seems like it had to do with the launcher, since when I installed Launcher Pro everyhting was working like normal.

yoramsk

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Unlock Delay

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing some lag when unlocking the screen. You swipe your finger and the bar gets stuck on the right side of the screen for two seconds and then takes you to the home screen. Anyone know how to troubleshoot? I did not have this problem in stock, so I'm posting here.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone is experiencing some lag when unlocking the screen. You swipe your finger and the bar gets stuck on the right side of the screen for two seconds and then takes you to the home screen. Anyone know how to troubleshoot? I did not have this problem in stock, so I'm posting here.

Does it happen everything single time or once in a while? I ask bc I think the info could help. I am running BumbleBee ATM and it happens to me kinda at random as I see it but it is most likely to be bc the phone is processing something at the very moment I am unlocking the screen. I keep wifi and 3g on full time but when I shut them down it doesn't seem to happen.

Last edited:

yoramsk

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it and it did not happen. It happens often enough to be irritating but I think you are right. I leave wifi on all the time so it could be a cpu load issue. Do you overclock? Do you think that would help?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
My clock is set to 600 / 787. I can't say mine freezes for more than a second so it might help alittle but it doesn't get rid of it.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine also sticks at unlock and I do not have any data enabled while the screen is locked. 480/748 speed on mine. Seems to only stick sometimes.

yoramsk

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that. Turning off data did not help, I still experienced the lag. Another issue, I don't know if this is Harmonia specific, is a delay when changing the orientation of the phone. Sometimes I shake it when I pick it up to get it to sense the correct display orientation. That feature could be a lot more fluid. I am using launcher pro and some widgets. I will remove them and see if it makes any difference.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It's likely the phone waking up.
How your overclock is set and what you have running in the background or running previously, all can effect it, and not just on Harmonia, all of them.

If it gets bad, you may want to reboot just clear out the memory.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
When I posted that when I turned off wifi and 3G and didn't get the lag I was not saying that it fixed the issue just that when wifi and 3G was off it stopped the process that was happening while I was unlocking my phone. Please don't read into that as I = everybody. I only pointed it out as an element to a larger issue.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

What are your cpu settings?

bymotion

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i know this question has been asked many times, but did anyone have any problems with flashing this rom before activating their phone? I am still waiting for my number to port over from T- Mobile. I read through as many posts (there's 40 pages...) as I can so I sincerely apologize if someone asked this already.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i know this question has been asked many times, but did anyone have any problems with flashing this rom before activating their phone? I am still waiting for my number to port over from T- Mobile. I read through as many posts (there's 40 pages...) as I can so I sincerely apologize if someone asked this already.
It's always best to activate your phone and make sure everything works before you root and flash a new rom.