[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i know this question has been asked many times, but did anyone have any problems with flashing this rom before activating their phone? I am still waiting for my number to port over from T- Mobile. I read through as many posts (there's 40 pages...) as I can so I sincerely apologize if someone asked this already.

It can be done, activation on this does work, but like Superorb mentioned, you are better off making sure everything works first.

On the other hand, if you are rooted, it's already too late and you may as well.

bymotion

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the help! This is the first ROM I installed right after I activated my phone. I experienced some restarts (twice over the last 4 hours) after I installed SetCPU and set it to 480/806 so I uninstalled the program. Would it help prevent further restarts if I went to recovery and delete cache and Dvalik cache? This ROM boots pretty fast so it's not a big problem but it can get annoying.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the help! This is the first ROM I installed right after I activated my phone. I experienced some restarts (twice over the last 4 hours) after I installed SetCPU and set it to 480/806 so I uninstalled the program. Would it help prevent further restarts if I went to recovery and delete cache and Dvalik cache? This ROM boots pretty fast so it's not a big problem but it can get annoying.
Set the OC lower, try 748. It's rebooting because it is unstable due to the high 806 overclock.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
A LOT of phones cannot do 806, don't just assume that it will.

The rom itself is stable, if it reboots, there is another reason.

Jnix81

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Changing those icons isn't ROM specific, you can change them in any ROM where you have access to the Framework file. Try the UOT Kitchen.

I pulled framework-res.apk, modified it and pushed it. Everthing from Wifi to usb notify to debug changed fine. Just not the signal or airplane mode ones. Even after first flashing this rom they don't match, the ones that show have six bars the png files in the framework show four. uot,ninjamorph ect. no luck.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I pulled framework-res.apk, modified it and pushed it. Everthing from Wifi to usb notify to debug changed fine. Just not the signal or airplane mode ones. Even after first flashing this rom they don't match, the ones that show have six bars the png files in the framework show four. uot,ninjamorph ect. no luck.
Hmm, that's odd. I've never tried changing icons since I don't like any of the ones on UOT Kitchen, so I can't verify that it works.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The icons you need to change are in the lge-res.apk, not Framework-res.apk
They use a special file format, but it's not hard to find how to make them.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello, much like the Reborn, I'm thinking about switching from AOSP to this ROM, now that AOSP is charging money for their updates. The one thing I don't want to lose though is Netflix, since I use it all the time. Does Netflix work well on this ROM as well?

Thank you!

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello, much like the Reborn, I'm thinking about switching from AOSP to this ROM, now that AOSP is charging money for their updates. The one thing I don't want to lose though is Netflix, since I use it all the time. Does Netflix work well on this ROM as well?

Thank you!
It works, but it works in its most basic form unlike on AOSP. You will get weird coloring like watching a 3D movie with no glasses, and there will be this green bar (sometimes solid, sometimes a dash line) on the top.

It has to do with hardware acceleration or something like that. Harmonia is a great ROM doubt I will ever use a different one with this specific phone, but if things like netflix are a huge selling point sticking with AOSP updated or not, is probably best for you.

Here is what I am talking about.

Netflix on any 2.2 ROM (Harmonia)
Got it working but have that green bar like a crappy copy of a vhs, going to see if overclocking helps.

Edit: Here is the green bar I am talking about.
1lDIe.png

Netflix on AOSP (as you already know)
I tried the same movie hoping it was a glitch on Netflix's side but... :(

zcgCw.png

I'm not sure why yours has the green line.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the advice. i went ahead and tried the switch from aosp to this and so far so good. the weird thing about Netflix is that although the colors are weird and there's a green line, the app actually runs much smoother. actually everything runs much smoother than aosp!

i'm tentatively leaving my backup on the SD card just in case i get a massive itch to go back to aosp. the biggest reason for my switch was the constant rebooting and battery drain, so this will give me a chance to see if it was just my phone/settings or the ROM.

thank you Leslie Ann for your hard work. i look forward to giving this a spin!

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having an issue building and booting a kernel on my Optimus V. Hopefully someone on this thread can help.

I've got the updated VM670 sources (I think), with the kernel package as:

$ md5sum LGVM670_kernel_02.tar.gz
24b000f647c919afb63d68caaf8b6202 LGVM670_kernel_02.tar.gz

I extracted and built this with the stock vendor config. Then I booted it using fastboot with the stock vendor ramdisk and the commandline "mem=477M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=thunderc".

It boots and runs fine but the accelerometer is unhappy. This repeats several times per second:

I/AmitDaemon( 2009): AMI304+(KR3DM & KR3DH) Middleware Tester (daemon), Version:3.0.30.39L
I/AmitDaemon( 2009): Copyright (c) 2010 all rights preserved by AMIT Technology Inc.
E/AmitDaemon( 2009): Cannot open KR3DH!!!
E/AmitDaemon( 2009): Cannot open KR3DM!!!

The config has "CONFIG_SENSOR_AMI304=y", of course.

Just to be sure, I diffed my config against the standard /proc/config.gz and it looks the same.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20