[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You would need to flash the bumblebee kernel. The recovery option is included in the kernel not the rom.

No it isn't.

The files are in system/framework:
android.policy.jar
framework.jar (I don't remember if this is 100% required)
framework-res.jar

Unfortunately, as mentioned, swapping these out, leads to less stability. The phone acts like there is a memory leak, and if you don't reset it once a week, it will do it for you. Also, it will just randomly slow down and you have to lower your overclock at least 50mhz to even get it that stable. I haven't tested with the newest BB files though, I'll see what that does this weekend.

Edit: Just tried the latest, it won't even boot.
The ones that work are from either 1.9 or 2.1, however due to the way dalvik works, beware you may lose some apps if you flash them in.

Last edited:

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
^^ I haven't noticed any slowdowns or reboots, no memory holes either. My services screen shows the following for memory.

Other: 62MB in 6 Avail: 204MB+116MB in 20

RobN

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Sweet I was just coming on here to see if it was possible to add a boot into recovery/ reboot option when you press the power button.

There's an app called Quick Boot that I use -- if you've got LauncherPro, you can put it on the dock. It gives you the options you're looking for, just from an app rather than from the power button (and you can have it prompt before it reboots, to make sure you didn't hit the wrong option by mistake).

On a completely different issue...I'm running Harmonia 1.2 on both my phone and my wife's, and we're both running into a problem. It's quite probably unrelated to the ROM, but I'm wondering if someone else here has run into it. Recently we've both had problems installing apps from both the Google Market and from Amazon's app store. When I get an error, it's an invalid package file -- but often it appears to start a download that lasts for a few seconds (when I'd expect 10-20 seconds, at least), and then goes away with no installing message or error -- it's just done, without actually DOING anything. The app still shows up in the market as having an upgrade available, and I'm still running the old version. It happens particularly often with updates to existing apps -- new apps that have never been installed before are more likely to install just fine. Wiping the davlick cache doesn't seem to help often, though it might have helped once. Any ideas? Including ideas of where I should be posting this problem?

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
^^ I haven't noticed any slowdowns or reboots, no memory holes either. My services screen shows the following for memory.

Other: 62MB in 6 Avail: 204MB+116MB in 20

Are you talking about Harmonia, or Harmonia with the Bumblebee files swapped in (which is what I was referring to). Harmonia itself runs great.

Last edited:

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
AOSP has turned into a mess with this whole ROMManager dilemma and i really enjoyed Harmonia when it first came out.

Flashing it now, love the work LeslieAnn! Thank you to everyone who continue to work on this great project!

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about Harmonia, or Harmonia with the Bumblebee files swapped in (which is what I was referring to). Harmonia itself runs great.

I believe he is talking about his harmonia with the bb files added. Maybe super would share what he did so we, or at least you from a pm, could test it also? :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Harmonia 1.2 with the BB framework, etc files. There's a post somewhere in this thread that explained it, but I don't exactly know what I did. I was trying a lot of different things at the time. Is there any way for me to find out which files I changed? It runs fine and stable too.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
There's an app called Quick Boot that I use -- if you've got LauncherPro, you can put it on the dock. It gives you the options you're looking for, just from an app rather than from the power button (and you can have it prompt before it reboots, to make sure you didn't hit the wrong option by mistake).

On a completely different issue...I'm running Harmonia 1.2 on both my phone and my wife's, and we're both running into a problem. It's quite probably unrelated to the ROM, but I'm wondering if someone else here has run into it. Recently we've both had problems installing apps from both the Google Market and from Amazon's app store. When I get an error, it's an invalid package file -- but often it appears to start a download that lasts for a few seconds (when I'd expect 10-20 seconds, at least), and then goes away with no installing message or error -- it's just done, without actually DOING anything. The app still shows up in the market as having an upgrade available, and I'm still running the old version. It happens particularly often with updates to existing apps -- new apps that have never been installed before are more likely to install just fine. Wiping the davlick cache doesn't seem to help often, though it might have helped once. Any ideas? Including ideas of where I should be posting this problem?

Which apps are doing it or is it just when you try to install updates?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem as well yesterday. I ended up reflashing since I was playing at the time anyhow and messed soem things up.

The last time people had this happen it was a Market issue, which is probably all it is this time as well. With as many as there are running Harmonia at this point, an issue like that would have shown up sooner, but yeah, I saw it too.

Harmonia 1.2 with the BB framework, etc files. There's a post somewhere in this thread that explained it, but I don't exactly know what I did. I was trying a lot of different things at the time. Is there any way for me to find out which files I changed? It runs fine and stable too.

Mine is stable if I turn down the OC.

As for what was changed, check file dates and sizes. Someone else may have a better idea though.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I've had the same problem for a while too, but it seems to appear on any rom I try. I've had the market issues for weeks on both harmonia 1.2 and bumblebee, so i don't think its specific to harmonia. I've wondered if it was because of titanium backup, I only restore the apps and never the system data. New apps usually install from the market without issue, but upgrading apps on the market seems to cause issues, either an unfinished download, an install error, or worse, causes me phone to reset.

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem for a while too, but it seems to appear on any rom I try. I've had the market issues for weeks on both harmonia 1.2 and bumblebee, so i don't think its specific to harmonia. I've wondered if it was because of titanium backup, I only restore the apps and never the system data. New apps usually install from the market without issue, but upgrading apps on the market seems to cause issues, either an unfinished download, an install error, or worse, causes me phone to reset.

Might want to try MyBackup Root instead of Titanium Backup. I installed the bumblebee ROM yesterday and MyBackup Root successfully reinstalled ALL of my apps, and their associated data, with NO problems. All market links worked as usual. Good luck!

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Might want to try MyBackup Root instead of Titanium Backup. I installed the bumblebee ROM yesterday and MyBackup Root successfully reinstalled ALL of my apps, and their associated data, with NO problems. All market links worked as usual. Good luck!

Yeah I kind of thought of that before, but I don't think mybackup has a "restore to original location" option, right? Titanium backup has that, so all the apps that I put on the sd card are restored to the sd card.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
when can we expect an update?

I'm working on it, but I can't give a date, not that it matters to be honest. This rom isn't about being the latest and greatest, it's about being simple so there isn't a lot that can or will be done with it (yeah right, look at all the flashable options :p)

Next update should have:
TWS fix
Reboot menu
Updated Superuser (I believe there is an update)

I considered adding the App2ext files, you would still need to set it up, but the files would be there. However, I decided that this not only goes against the premise of the rom, but also, between apps2sd and mvdalvik, very few people would even need it at this point.

nemirn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've switched to Harmonia 1.2 from AOSP.... and I like Harmonia much better because Bluetooth and Camera are still functional.

One thing I do miss, however, is the quick access to settings via the pull-down notification bar. In AOSP's CM7 mod, there were toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Brightness, etc.

Is there any app that I can install that does this?

Thanks!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've switched to Harmonia 1.2 from AOSP.... and I like Harmonia much better because Bluetooth and Camera are still functional.

One thing I do miss, however, is the quick access to settings via the pull-down notification bar. In AOSP's CM7 mod, there were toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Brightness, etc.

Is there any app that I can install that does this?

Thanks!

Quick settings does it just fine

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I came back to Harmonia a couple weeks ago. Also from aosp. Got tired of waiting for fixes that just weren't coming. You know, fix one thing, break something else. Love the clean, smooth functionality of Harmonia. The only thing I really miss is the DSP Manager. If I could find a functioning one it would be perfect.
ps. Tried the one posted in this form and it doesn't do anything.

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I kind of thought of that before, but I don't think mybackup has a "restore to original location" option, right? Titanium backup has that, so all the apps that I put on the sd card are restored to the sd card.

I used MyBackup Root after I installed bumblebee 2.3. Since this ROM maximizes internal storage space (by moving Dalvik-cache to /cache) I had 140 MB free AFTER reinstalling all my apps (and I do have many apps). So not quite sure why you need Titanium backup "so all the apps that I put on the sd card are restored to the sd card"...unless Harmonia 1.2 does not use this cache transfer technique. One more thing, I performed a clean install prior to bumble installation. Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2