02-18-2012 02:10 AM
67 123
tools
    great list!

Which of the Froyo based ROMs have the best battery life? I've tried bumblebee before and it drained the hell out of it. using CM7 right now but theres a few things that don't work adn bug me..
    07-12-2011 07:34 PM
    great list!

Which of the Froyo based ROMs have the best battery life? I've tried bumblebee before and it drained the hell out of it. using CM7 right now but theres a few things that don't work adn bug me..
    Bumblebee, Harminia, and Reborn have great battery life. It is most likely an app you installed that drained your battery. Poor signal reception will do that too. You should get two days with moderate use at a minimum.
    07-12-2011 08:54 PM
    great list!

ive been having great luck with rodimus (sorry if i butchered the name). the quadrant tests comes to 735 with a over clock (cant remember exact number around the 700m). 1 full charge lasts me around 12 hours. i txt, and game alot on my phone and yet it holds on till the end of the day WITH the over clock.
    07-12-2011 11:32 PM
    loaded rodimus about two hours. ago. i love it!
    07-13-2011 10:11 PM
    I keep getting this when I click on the recoveries and roms. "MediaWiki requires PHP 5.0.0 or higher. You are running PHP 4.4.9. "

Anyone know what i should do to get it working?
    07-17-2011 06:50 AM
    After reading a bunch of threads here (some with contradicting & confusing info), it seems that xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin is the recommended recovery for both Harmonia & IHO CM7 ROMs (what I'm interested in).

I just have a question, since it's not mentioned in the first post here. Should we NOT be using the later version of xionia_cwma_ v1.2518.6 since that seems like it's for the Optimus S, or will it work the same, just the buttons are swapped?

UPDATE: I went with clockworkmod recovery since it likely does a more thorough wipe of OV's partitions compared to Xionia which was based on Sprint Optimus S's partitions. I believe Harmonia ROM requires Xionia recovery's scripting feature though.

So here's basically what I would suggest for converting a stock OV ROM to latest Gingerbread CM7, given the more recent tools available now:

1. Use GingerBreak to root, install & run the .apk. Phone will reboot if successful. Check with terminal emulator 'su' cmd to make sure you're rooted after reboot.
    2. In app market, download & install ROM Manager.
    3. In ROM Manager, install Clockworkmod Recovery (suggested for CM7 since it likely does more thorough wiping of OV's partitions)
    4. Boot into clockworkmod recovery mode, backup original ROM. then wipe data & cache, then in advanced menu, format everything except /sdcard.
    5. Flash new IHO/Backside ROM zip (most recent & updated CM7 ROM for OV as of today).
    6. Flash google apps.zip
    6. Reboot into normal mode.
    07-21-2011 05:24 PM
    loaded rodimus about two hours. ago. i love it!
    How did you install rodimus rom? which recovery did you use? i am unable to install it. says i need to update my script/ edify script or watever..........
    09-03-2011 03:11 AM
    How did you install rodimus rom? which recovery did you use? i am unable to install it. says i need to update my script/ edify script or watever..........
    amend scripting is no longer supported
    09-03-2011 03:12 AM
    You have to flash xionia cwma or another recovery that supports amend scripting.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-03-2011 10:08 AM
    NOOB here - I extracted the flash_image file and xionia_image to my SD card. How do i execute the file or boot it ?
    09-03-2011 01:11 PM
    flash_image recovery "recovery file"
    Do that in a terminal emulater.

09-05-2011 03:40 AM
    Grate guides here! When I got my OV I found this place and have had a blast and have learned a lot! Thanks a lot!
    09-14-2011 04:29 PM
    "Haha Mr. Frownie Face" Thats me
    Stoopid me for ridding the OV
    10-15-2011 12:56 AM
    I'm liking this little phone, but so far, the modding hasn't been quite as smooth as I would like.

Had a little trouble, but got it rooted, now I have Xionia CWMA recovery on it and I've tried flashing a couple ROMs (rodimus and bumblebee and bumblebee kernel) and everything seems fine in recovery, but when I go to boot the system, I only end up with a blank screen. It seems the phone works, I get the haptic feedback when I slide the unlocker and when I press the right areas from there. I can even turn the phone off and back on again, but all I have is a blank screen.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start trying to fix this?
    10-25-2011 07:08 PM
    You need a ROM dated after September 1

lilnorthup93 likes this.
    10-25-2011 07:12 PM
    I'm liking this little phone, but so far, the modding hasn't been quite as smooth as I would like.

Had a little trouble, but got it rooted, now I have Xionia CWMA recovery on it and I've tried flashing a couple ROMs (rodimus and bumblebee and bumblebee kernel) and everything seems fine in recovery, but when I go to boot the system, I only end up with a blank screen. It seems the phone works, I get the haptic feedback when I slide the unlocker and when I press the right areas from there. I can even turn the phone off and back on again, but all I have is a blank screen.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start trying to fix this?
    Yeah, you have one of the newer OV's, they have slight hardware and software changes that have been fixed with ROMs dated after Sept 1st, but any ROM before then won't work. Rodimus, Bumblebee, etc. haven't been updated in ages, but if you're looking for a new Froyo ROM, I would suggest Harmonia, it's been updated recently. You can also try Gingerbread 2.3.x if u want, the I.H.O. Thread will point you in the right direction...

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Android 2.3.7 on Tapatalk
    lilnorthup93 likes this.
    10-25-2011 09:45 PM
    Thread closed, material is outdated.

Follow this link to the most current reference guide.

[GUIDE] 2012 Optimus V Reference Guide (Start here!)
    LeslieAnn and kcls like this.
    02-18-2012 02:10 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD