[Reference Guide] Optimus V Modding (READ THIS TO GET STARTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I just did a fresh download from mediafire for Harmonia via LeslieAnn's link (direct to my phone). Seems kinds odd... The .zip file has an underscore in the filename where my previous one did not. I cannot recall which locale I downloaded from before, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't mediafire.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Reference Guide] Optimus V Modding (READ THIS TO GET STARTED

I only host files on Mediafire and the thread here is the only official Harmonia location on the internet. I don't post it or support it anywhere else.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I only host files on Mediafire and the thread here is the only official Harmonia location on the internet. I don't post it or support it anywhere else.

I must have gotten a "dirty" copy. I downloaded and installed Harmonia 1.3 directly from my phone... Worked! Cudos LeslieAnn! Fantastic work. Phone is working great! Thanks so much for your assistance!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I must be doing something right if people are uploading it to other places. HAHA

killa-504-

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

i need help i was stuck in clockwork recovery boot and used a link to use Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip to fix after i installed i rebooted manually and now it goes to this blue screen and idk how to get out this can anyone please help me out here i just want to use my phone again please dont tell me i bricked the phone either here is a link to my post for further info
optimus v clockwork stuck please help - Android Forums

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

i need help i was stuck in clockwork recovery boot and used a link to use Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip to fix after i installed i rebooted manually and now it goes to this blue screen and idk how to get out this can anyone please help me out here i just want to use my phone again please dont tell me i bricked the phone either here is a link to my post for further info
optimus v clockwork stuck please help - Android Forums

That blue screen is the fastboot screen. It just means that your recovery is messed up. Use this to fix it and take you back to the stock rom: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...astboot-style-fastest-easiest-way-around.html

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. Is there an uber-pure copy of Harmonia that I could use, or is it something on my end (computer) with the issue? I havent had any issue with transfers or downloading the files in question. Should I download directly to my sd card through the phone to possibly eliminate the chance of corruption?

Sorry I missed this, somehow.
Try re-downloading, if that fails, try use the md5 hash to verify the file (Wikipedia can tell you what it is). You would be surprised how many files are corrupted while transferring but still seem to work fine.

From what I have read, people have had trouble transferring through the usb cable to the phone (I experienced this myself) and many have complained about downloading it with their phones.

Personally, I use a usb to micro sdcard adapter, but I had one of those do bad transfers as well when a cable went bad. A quick dirty test is to see if you can extract the zip, if so, the file is most likely fine, but not always. You still need the zip to flash though.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks LeslieAnn. Downloading direct to the phone did the trick. I think you need Clockwork to make it download though. When I did my wife's phone, hers would not download until I had clockwork installed.

themsn

May 31, 2011
Visit site

is there a link for original kernel?
I know that sounds crazy (why would I want to de-evolve?)

But with the VOIP setup that I have (ipkall, sipsorcery, googlevoice for call forwarding, and csipsimple) I'm thinking I need to use the original kernel with the original audio stacks.

for some reason, whether on cm7, bumblebee, or harmonia, I can't hear the other party (even with ICE and STUN turned on on settings) when I make a call through csipsimple (although they can hear me fine and outgoing/incoming calls are all fine).

Anyway, I'm hoping that the original kernel will fix this..
thank you.

MrHyde03

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

great list!

Which of the Froyo based ROMs have the best battery life? I've tried bumblebee before and it drained the hell out of it. using CM7 right now but theres a few things that don't work adn bug me..

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

great list!

Which of the Froyo based ROMs have the best battery life? I've tried bumblebee before and it drained the hell out of it. using CM7 right now but theres a few things that don't work adn bug me..

Bumblebee, Harminia, and Reborn have great battery life. It is most likely an app you installed that drained your battery. Poor signal reception will do that too. You should get two days with moderate use at a minimum.

xxhilfmir

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

great list!

ive been having great luck with rodimus (sorry if i butchered the name). the quadrant tests comes to 735 with a over clock (cant remember exact number around the 700m). 1 full charge lasts me around 12 hours. i txt, and game alot on my phone and yet it holds on till the end of the day WITH the over clock.

New_Droid

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

I keep getting this when I click on the recoveries and roms. "MediaWiki requires PHP 5.0.0 or higher. You are running PHP 4.4.9. "

Anyone know what i should do to get it working?

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

After reading a bunch of threads here (some with contradicting & confusing info), it seems that xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin is the recommended recovery for both Harmonia & IHO CM7 ROMs (what I'm interested in).

I just have a question, since it's not mentioned in the first post here. Should we NOT be using the later version of xionia_cwma_ v1.2518.6 since that seems like it's for the Optimus S, or will it work the same, just the buttons are swapped?

UPDATE: I went with clockworkmod recovery since it likely does a more thorough wipe of OV's partitions compared to Xionia which was based on Sprint Optimus S's partitions. I believe Harmonia ROM requires Xionia recovery's scripting feature though.

So here's basically what I would suggest for converting a stock OV ROM to latest Gingerbread CM7, given the more recent tools available now:

1. Use GingerBreak to root, install & run the .apk. Phone will reboot if successful. Check with terminal emulator 'su' cmd to make sure you're rooted after reboot.
2. In app market, download & install ROM Manager.
3. In ROM Manager, install Clockworkmod Recovery (suggested for CM7 since it likely does more thorough wiping of OV's partitions)
4. Boot into clockworkmod recovery mode, backup original ROM. then wipe data & cache, then in advanced menu, format everything except /sdcard.
5. Flash new IHO/Backside ROM zip (most recent & updated CM7 ROM for OV as of today).
6. Flash google apps.zip
6. Reboot into normal mode.

Last edited:

Futyooh

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

loaded rodimus about two hours. ago. i love it!
How did you install rodimus rom? which recovery did you use? i am unable to install it. says i need to update my script/ edify script or watever..........

Futyooh

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

How did you install rodimus rom? which recovery did you use? i am unable to install it. says i need to update my script/ edify script or watever..........
amend scripting is no longer supported

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

You have to flash xionia cwma or another recovery that supports amend scripting.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Futyooh

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

NOOB here - I extracted the flash_image file and xionia_image to my SD card. How do i execute the file or boot it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary