Super Secret Optimus V Button Combos

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is "kp500", because I thought it was a phone?

Best way to describe it is check out the s forum. What it does is install cab file using lg update tool forcing it to load the cab file. On the OS is used to downgrade software versions to root their phone. Then they upgrade to their latest software version and keep root. It can also be used to go back completly to unrooted stock. I used it a lot. Like I said check out the s forum for a more detailed explanation or google it lol. I figured if it worked on our phone if it was bricked it could be an option to unbrick it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I see, it is a utility that was released for the KP500 and has since been modified to work with all the LG phones. I'm pretty sure both KDZ and this utility work the same way, but I'm never tried either. If you get it to work, directions on how to do it would be awesome.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
KP500 is actually easier to use. As soon as I get a chance mmarz I'll give it a try and post back may take a while just busy busy busy lol. Getti. Ready to move and pc died so all I have is my phone lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nin

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I miss having something like RSDlite (motorola) to have piece of mind that even a bricked phone can be nursed back to life.

My DX was "hard" bricked after a bad rom flash. I was panicking and couple people from droidx forums helped me recover with rsdlite.

I noitced the Optimus didnt have anything like this and was a big factor in why I was leery in buying the phone. I hope these mentioned tools can be confirmed to work at some point.

TFizz

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
This one isn't a big deal at all, but you if you long press the physical search button, it will bring up your text messages.

hidgw

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just tested Safe Mode for kicks. Still got my lock screen displayed. Tried entering the wrong pattern and was told the usual error. Just to set that myth to rest.

Also, Safe Mode displays "Problem Loading Widget" in place of any userland widgets. Widgets from "system" apps work fine. (I use quotes because when you're rooted /system/app is just another place to toss APKs. And I've integrated several updates of Maps/Latitude into my ROM using Titanium Backup.) This is actually a problem the next time you boot, because all the widgets that had a problem loading in Safe Mode will be removed. I just had to reconfigure all my widgets. :-\

So very late to this thread (and this forum?I just registered today)... I've had an Optimus V since March.

I also just tested the reboot combo (power + vol. up). Had to get out of Safe Mode somehow, right? Looks like it might only do what some root apps call a "quick reboot", or rebooting "the Android UI". Ever since enabling Link2SD my cold boots have taken about a minute just on the "android" animation, and the reboot I just did with the button combo took less than 30 seconds to show the lock screen. Which is about how long a "quick reboot" in Link2SD takes.

Hope all this detail is useful and not superfluous. (It probably is useless, because it's buried on page 3. :p )

Last edited:

Vinny44

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone in water then dried it out and it works fine but ever since i dropped it, it automatically went into safe mode, how do i get out of safe mode?

Vinny44

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone in water then dried it out and it works fine but ever since i dropped it, it automatically went into safe mode, how do i get out of safe mode?

hidgw

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a shorted button contact. I'd bet the only options are a repair (well, replacement; phones don't get repairs much these days)—which you'd pay for—or a bit of DIY work, taking it apart and fixing it yourself.

It's likely POSSIBLE to fix it yourself, but you should have a LOT of confidence in your ability to take it apart and reassemble the pieces correctly and without damaging them. You can definitely completely brick your phone if you mess up during the disassembly or reassembly; it's not something to be done lightly.

Edit: You have a duplicate post.

Last edited:

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Why are u posting this here&in an old thread?!?

But, sounds to me like you need to reflash the recovery .img

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My power button does not work, therefore all of these were not possible for me. I got locked out of my phone, mind you that the phone has not been in service for over a year (because I didn't need it). Is their anyway I can hack into my phone for free, I tried getting into my gmail, but alas it didn't work. Got any tips? -For the LG Opt V :p
Please Email me if you got the answer @Emailshizuka@yahoo.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar