Super Secret Optimus V Button Combos

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Obviously these are not that secret, but I thought it was a good idea to make a list of them.

Boot into Recovery:
  1. Power off.
  2. Hold the Home Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button at the same time.
  3. Release when you first see the LG logo.

Boot into Emergency Mode:
  1. Power off.
  2. Plug in the USB cable and wait for the charging screen to come on.
  3. Hold the Return Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button at the same time.
  4. Release when you first see the LG logo.

Boot into Safe Mode:
  1. Power off.
  2. Hold the Menu Button and the Power Button at the same time.
  3. Release only after ALL of the boot animations have finished.
  4. You should see "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner of the screen.

Manually Reboot:
  1. Hold the Volume Up Button, and the Power Button at the same time for 10 seconds.
  2. The volume will increase while you do this.

List of Recent Apps:
  1. Hold down the Home Button.

If you guys know of any others, please share.

Last edited:

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
As dumb as this sounds, I just discovered (by accident) holding down the home button pops up a list of recent apps. Works great for certain apps that tend to restart whenever you navigate out of them. This isn't just Optimus specific but thought it fit the idea.

Reactions: Syntax357 and TFizz

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As dumb as this sounds, I just discovered (by accident) holding down the home button pops up a list of recent apps. Works great for certain apps that tend to restart whenever you navigate out of them. This isn't just Optimus specific but thought it fit the idea.

Judges?....

I'll allow it!

Reactions: Milked

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice, I didn't know about 3 of those 5 currently posted. Thankfully I have never needed those options (emergency and safe mode). :D

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, Safe Mode disables any apps that run at start-up and also any lock screens or pins. Great for thieves or forgetful Grandparents.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, Safe Mode disables any apps that run at start-up and also any lock screens or pins. Great for thieves or forgetful Grandparents.

SWEET! Now I can get into that other optimus I jacked from the elementary school kid. He was so small and helpless I couldn't help myself! KIDDING! but great info lol.

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The reboot combo worked nicely this morning. I started my phone up which is running Rodimus 1.2.3 and it got stuck at the bootloader. I thought at first I was going to have to pull the battery, which is a pain because the case I have on my phone is difficult to get off.

Anyway, I did the reboot combo (power + vol_up) for 10 seconds or so, it rebooted and started up fine, no need to pull the battery or remove my case.

Thanks!

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The reboot combo worked nicely this morning. I started my phone up which is running Rodimus 1.2.3 and it got stuck at the bootloader. I thought at first I was going to have to pull the battery, which is a pain because the case I have on my phone is difficult to get off.

Anyway, I did the reboot combo (power + vol_up) for 10 seconds or so, it rebooted and started up fine, no need to pull the battery or remove my case.

Thanks!

Yeah, this is perfect. Every time I get a boot loop, I have to take the case off. It's nearly impossible. lol.

Delphis

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this is perfect. Every time I get a boot loop, I have to take the case off. It's nearly impossible. lol.

Yea, me too.. that'll save my fingernails for sure. For case I have a black silicone thing that's nice and washable. Still, have to take that off too if I mess something up.

Great :/ news about the safe mode. So having a lock screen is pretty much useless.

Oh, and what is 'emergency mode'?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tested out if the lock screen is disabled for safe mode, but that is what I read.

Emergency mode is for the KDZ updater to upload a new LG firmware image. It is only needed to recover from a total brick or to upgrade your baseband. There is no reason for any Optimus V owner to use it because there has only been one baseband released by LG for our phone.

Delphis

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tested out if the lock screen is disabled for safe mode, but that is what I read.

Emergency mode is for the KDZ updater to upload a new LG firmware image. It is only needed to recover from a total brick or to upgrade your baseband. There is no reason for any Optimus V owner to use it because there has only been one baseband released by LG for our phone.

Oh, I see.. what is this KDZ updater you speak of? Be nice to have that around in case I do something really silly. Although nandroid backups have been all I've needed so far.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That cab file I posted in that link is for the OV from LG. LG has since removed the workaround that allowed us to get the cab files, but I saved the file and uploaded it.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So worse case our phones can be restored back to factory using kp500 and the cab file u posted? Just asking for future reference.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, no one has flashed it successfully as far as I know. The ones that did try flashing it failed had first flashed the wrong cab file. So no one has followed the correct directions either. We still need a lab rat to test this on.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I could never get kzd to work when I had the s. Cab file may work with kp500. I get the chance I'll test and find out. Just trying to figure out what I need to unlearn from the s forum. Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci