09-22-2012 11:57 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    I'm just about ready to root & rom an OV, and I think I know what I'm doing (uh-oh!). I've read & reread LeslieAnn's Reference Guide & Harmonia 2 posts and the posts they link to (and as many of the replies as I could before my eyes glazed over). I still have some questions that relate to this thread.

Is there a terminal emulator installed as part of the GingerBreak process, or do I need to grab one from the Play store? (And if it's the latter, is there one you recommend?)

Some people here seem to prefer other methods over this one. Pros/cons, since a lot of these posts are old and there may be newer tools?
    No terminal emulator needed with Gingerbreak. Try it out first. If it doesn't work, come back here for help.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-2012 08:02 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply -- but this is about "Flashing recoveries through terminal emulator" after rooting with Gingerbreak. That's the step I'm asking about.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-29-2012 08:11 PM
    Just grab it from the market. It's literally called "Terminal Emulator".
    flapjack.fiasco and TexasLG like this.
    07-30-2012 01:03 AM
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Thanks for coming through with the right answer cole2kb.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    TexasLG likes this.
    07-30-2012 09:15 AM
    OK, thanks guys. I saw there were a bunch but didn't want to install one if another was going to get installed as part of the process. I'll dive in, but I have to work long days today & tomorrow, so maybe Wednesday night. I'll report results in the Harmonia 2 thread.
    07-30-2012 09:55 AM
    I wish someone in the know would just give a step by step tutorial..It would be so appreciated.
    09-02-2012 07:40 PM
    I wish someone in the know would just give a step by step tutorial..It would be so appreciated.
    Its in the first post

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    09-02-2012 08:23 PM
    This is a very fast and easy method to flash a recovery from inside your phone. ...
    While these instructions may be simple, they will fail 100% of the time for first-timers using Gingerbreak because flash_image isn't installed. Just FYI.
    09-22-2012 11:57 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD