Bootanimation issue

Jokie

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Recently I tried to change the bootanimation of my LG Optimus V currently running asop 2.3.3 CM7 build. AS i reboot my phone i notices that there are two LG logos, and the bootanimation just last for 3-5 secs. (it does not show the full animation)

How can i remove one of the 2 LG logos. I think i saw somewhere that the first LG is really hard to remove.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If your building your own boot animation you need to make sure it reloops after initial play. That is why it only shows for 3-5 seconds.

To remove the color lg splash screen there is a process. It has been mentioned before but I think the dev that talked about it bricked his V phone and prolly grabbed a diff phone and has let the project die.

There is a "guide" on xda talking about how to do it but if your not confident in messing with the init files and such I would just deal with the dual lg screens.

Jokie

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If your building your own boot animation you need to make sure it reloops after initial play. That is why it only shows for 3-5 seconds.

To remove the color lg splash screen there is a process. It has been mentioned before but I think the dev that talked about it bricked his V phone and prolly grabbed a diff phone and has let the project die.

There is a "guide" on xda talking about how to do it but if your not confident in messing with the init files and such I would just deal with the dual lg screens.

So' your saying that every LG V user has to deal with the dual LG's bootanimation for my actual Bootanimation to start?

@JerryScript, @Eollie
No it is not my own bootanimation, though if it worked properly i would do some tweaks to it to make it by own. I will attach it.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
no not everyone has to deal with two lg logos except for guys/girls that flash cm7 and don't know how to edit the ramdisk :D It's actually pretty simple to remove the extra logo if you have ubuntu installed. I've got a video on my youtube channel on how to do it.

Jokie

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
no not everyone has to deal with two lg logos except for guys/girls that flash cm7 and don't know how to edit the ramdisk :D It's actually pretty simple to remove the extra logo if you have ubuntu installed. I've got a video on my youtube channel on how to do it.

I Duo boot. Linux 11.04 with gnome shell =p

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So' your saying that every LG V user has to deal with the dual LG's bootanimation for my actual Bootanimation to start?

There is anther topic on this that it is explained how to remove it.
NO I wasnt saying you have to live with it. I was saying unless you are comfortable editing stuff then yes you will have to live with it.

Jokie

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There is anther topic on this that it is explained how to remove it.
NO I wasnt saying you have to live with it. I was saying unless you are comfortable editing stuff then yes you will have to live with it.

Can you direct me to the right thread?

please, and thanks in advance

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

@JerryScript, @Eollie
No it is not my own bootanimation, though if it worked properly i would do some tweaks to it to make it by own. I will attach it.

Can you direct me to the right thread?

please, and thanks in advance

http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/81238-splash-screen.html#post873614