Help. Aospcm7.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I need help. I currently have Rodimus on my optimus V. At first it was wonderful, but now its extra laggy. So I tried aospcm7 and I loved it. Its super fast, even with all my apps. But I have a problem, it restarts by itself. And I've gotten it to flash and I install all my apps and whatnot and then ill boot into recovery and make a backup and when I try to reboot afterwards it stays in a boot screen. And whenever I try to restore from the new backup, it does the same, gets stuck booting. The recovery I'm using is the one that is in RomTools. Its Xionia CWM I think. I've tried installing clockwork, and I can't. So id like suggestions, because I know I'm doing something wrong.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You need to completely wipe everything, no ifs ands or but.

Then Stop using romtools to flash your recovery do it yourself. I have a feeling there is something not working right. Not that romtools is bad but you cant see whats being typed and if your having issues you need to see the commands and errors.

Wipe everything then reflash the CWMA from romrepo.
Then wipe everything AGAIN make sure you wipe everything use the wipe data/factory reset, then wipe partition, then go to mounts and storage, then format boot,cache,data and system. Dont wipe sdcard or sd-ext.
Then select advanced and wipe dalvik cache.

Then flash the rom and then gAPPS. Reboot and see if it will work. If you use a titanium backup dont restore the data. Just the apps. Yes it will reset them to no data at all but take the time to redo your phone.

I have a feeling your trying to restore a TB backup and the data is messing up asop.

Reactions: tony5593

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I always wipe everything. And I flash using recovery.
Flashing CWMA from Romrepo is a good idea! I'm gonna try that. And I always had a feeling the problem was my data from TB, but I couldn't figure out what to do. Restoring the apps but not the data is genius lol.
Thanks for your suggestions, I am most definitely going to try ALL of that.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Use the steps I listed to wipe once you get CWMA installed.
I dont think the debug zip will work with the new CWMA included with asop. As it is the old scripting and not the new edify.

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...I dont think the debug zip will work with the new CWMA included with asop. As it is the old scripting and not the new edify.

Has anyone made (and posted) a new debug zip that uses the new edify scripting? Would be VERY handy to flashers.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone made (and posted) a new debug zip that uses the new edify scripting? Would be VERY handy to flashers.

...is it really that hard to do the steps listed by the dev to wipe data?
I really dont see the point in another zip to flash if you just follow directions.

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...is it really that hard to do the steps listed by the dev to wipe data?
I really dont see the point in another zip to flash if you just follow directions.

Except that the problem with recoveries (Xionia, Drellisdee (sp?), AOSP) not deleting ALL files through flashing from within the recovery (and the resulting incomplete wipe causing potential issues) has been documented in several places.

Which is why a debug zip (using edify scripting) would not be a bad thing.

Belt and suspenders approach to wiping a phone. Cannot hurt, and may even help.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You need to completely wipe everything, no ifs ands or but.

Then Stop using romtools to flash your recovery do it yourself. I have a feeling there is something not working right. Not that romtools is bad but you cant see whats being typed and if your having issues you need to see the commands and errors.

Wipe everything then reflash the CWMA from romrepo.
Then wipe everything AGAIN make sure you wipe everything use the wipe data/factory reset, then wipe partition, then go to mounts and storage, then format boot,cache,data and system. Dont wipe sdcard or sd-ext.
Then select advanced and wipe dalvik cache.

Then flash the rom and then gAPPS. Reboot and see if it will work. If you use a titanium backup dont restore the data. Just the apps. Yes it will reset them to no data at all but take the time to redo your phone.

I have a feeling your trying to restore a TB backup and the data is messing up asop.

How do reflash CWMA. I downloaded it from Romrepo and i put where it belongs, and when I open Rom Manager and hit Flash ClockworkMod Recovery a list of phones comes up, but neither is mine.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Eollie, I just noticed something. I NEVER formated any of that stuff before. I only would wipe the other things.

That is probably where you are having boot issues. Its good to do it that way. IIRC on romrepo it says if your coming from a different rom to do it that way.

RE:the debug zip...with the new CWMA if you follow the steps I listed and that is listed on romrepo there is no need for that zip. If it was needed or suggested asop would have included it in the new files needed to flash his rom. I think I remember reading the problem was the scripting used in the older recoveries was not fully wiping. But the newer edify scripts are pretty solid and I havent seen anybody say they needed a debug zip. But ymmv.../shrug

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Its works! Thank you soo much. Ive been using it since yesterday and i dont have any problems ( other than it lagging a bit).

Im guessing since i never formatted anything, thats why i was having problems. Also, now im usingthe dicfereny recovery, AND i didnt restore any of my data on TB.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Its works! Thank you soo much. Ive been using it since yesterday and i dont have any problems ( other than it lagging a bit).

Im guessing since i never formatted anything, thats why i was having problems. Also, now im usingthe dicfereny recovery, AND i didnt restore any of my data on TB.

What I do if Im leary to restoring fully is to restore apps one at a time. I also will restore them with data that way. Just do it a couple at a time and make note which ones you restore and do a hot reboot. Once you nail down the app that is borking your phone you can contact the dev and let them know they have a "bug" in transferring from 2.2 to 2.3. Its something they prolly should know for when people get forced to update via OTA's.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Good suggestion:)

And yeah, when i find which app it is, ill post it here and ill tell the dev.

Btw, do you have anyidea why my battery is dropping really fast? Its been unplugged for 4 hrs and 52 mins and its at 53%. Im not a big fan of battery saving apps.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have issues on certain days my phone just being a complete battery drain. SO that I cant answer.

As for mms which build did you use? And are you using something like gosms or handcent? I thought mms was broke for me but in fact is was the apps being broken. Uninstall any sms app you are using, be sure to use the apps backup function to save your texts if that is something you want. Then uninstall the app reboot the phone and have somebody send you a picture. If you receive it then you know it was the app. If it still doesn't come in try re-flashing the rom.

I found the 4/27 release gave me so many errors with mms i reverted to 4/15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781