VM670 update?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Is that <VM670*.dll> specific to firmware VM670ZV5_07.S5_07.P61007? Or is it a generic file, which work with any VM670 firmware for any carrier? Can you please give some pointers to how to use lgnpst with VM670 phone (better yet a brief tutorial) and what kind of version of lgnpst is needed?

yes, the dll is specific to each firmware.
open a couple of the sprint optimus s firmware cabs and see the dll and labeling format for them.

fenrix has a ls670 dll in that 4shared which lets lgnpst flash the optimus v, but I haven't even found the firmware dlls anywhere, much less a .bin file to replace the ov firmware.

a tutorial for lgnpst won't help you unless you want to flash sprint firmware, which will block your data plan if you do it. no way to revert to an ov radio once you flash a sprint firmware or radio.
you can google for that tut if you need it.

rybshik

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Cloning EVDO: dumb-phone as a donor for Optimus V

unless you want to flash sprint firmware, which will block your data plan if you do it. no way to revert to an ov radio once you flash a sprint firmware or radio..
Actually, I want to get my Telus (Canada) EVDO data running on Optimus V as per tutorials:

[HOWTO] Edit PPP and M.IP to enable Data on Different Carriers

Dump Your Phone Memory.
I plan to use a regular Telus Evdo dumb-phone (not an Android) as a donor of Evdo authorization credentials, i.e.M.IP, PPP username/password, NAI

So, for my purpose, I guess, any firmware would be ok, as long as it will let me overwrite Evdo authorization credentials and PRL.

Last edited:

hfsdude007

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I did some research. LG says that the Optimus V will get a gingerbread update in mid 2012. So I think its safe to say that we all got excited over nothing.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I did some research. LG says that the Optimus V will get a gingerbread update in mid 2012. So I think its safe to say that we all got excited over nothing.

How much do you care to bet it's only on new phones, besides, mid 2012?

Would be better to release ICS for it at that point. Not to mention mine won't last that long. Nor do I want it to.

world_indo1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I'd check it out but like most people on this thread, I'm rommed out so I'm playing on 2.3.7 right now. Waiting for ICS to be released so I can drool over it and patiently stalk the IHO repositories until JerryScript ports it over to the OV.

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Is that <VM670*.dll> specific to firmware VM670ZV5_07.S5_07.P61007? Or is it a generic file, which work with any VM670 firmware for any carrier? Can you please give some pointers to how to use lgnpst with VM670 phone (better yet a brief tutorial) and what kind of version of lgnpst is needed?

sorry to revive an old thread everyone, but as we all know, we are able to flash this firmware and I found the DLL...it doesn't work with KP500 though....anybody want to help me "fix" the firmware to have the DLL inside of it?? I have added it already inside of the cab, but it still is not working with KP500.:( I'm not sure what the problem is....anybody got any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge