VM670 update?

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get much further. After the file finished downloading, a message came up saying, "Updating is not possible any longer due to a fatal error while the LG Mobile Phone Software Update." False alarm, I guess. Sorry guys. :(

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get much further. After the file finished downloading, a message came up saying, "Updating is not possible any longer due to a fatal error while the LG Mobile Phone Software Update." False alarm, I guess. Sorry guys. :(

You are the second person to get this error message. It's either LG is releasing an untested update or our rooted phones some how are not really "stock"?

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You are the second person to get this error message. It's either LG is releasing an untested update or our rooted phones some how are not really "stock"?
Yeah, I saw that earlier in the thread. As I said, I've never flashed another ROM/recovery, and I restored everything exactly as it had been before I'd rooted. So either superoneclick's "unroot" button doesn't do its job thoroughly enough, or there's something wacky going on at LG's end of things.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm. I renamed build.prop to build.prop.bu and rebooted. The update is downloading (phone detected on stock/stock recovery).

You have to temp root using Superoneclick and then
Code:
adb remount
adb shell mv /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bu
adb reboot

RESTORING
You have to temp root using Superoneclick (you can still do it even though your system is not fully up) and then
Code:
adb remount
adb shell mv /system/build.prop.bu /system/build.prop
adb reboot

But none the less. After downloading I got "Updating is not possible any longer due to a fatal error while the LG Mobile Phone Software Update".

Last edited:

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for trying guys.

Its time for bed, I'll be tuning in tomorrow at work. Hopefully not much to do tomorrow.

This update might be to break wifi tethering....

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how eager we are to lose our rooted and customized system for a mystery V5 firmware. For all we know it only has a longer and louder boot animation.

Good night folks!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, this only shows available on the US website, on the AU or UK sites it shows unavailable.

Edit: I did not go back to stock, I'm testing while still on aospCM7. I've had my phone hooked up to the software for 20 minutes now, and it still says "checking the model". Looks like you may have to go back to stock for any chance.

Last edited:

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

+1. Got same error. Twice. Both times, it prefaced the error with a screen that said "Necessary information not found".

Gotta put out some better software, LG. :)

Going back to Bumblebee for now.

lscaglio

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
This is driving me nuts. I could see the update just fine on a 2.2.1 rom (Nameless v1). But when I go back to stock/stock recovery, I can't get the program to see my phone.... Yet, adb see's it. It makes no sense. Crappy, crappy drivers...
I had to have my phone shut OFF in order for the drivers to see my phone last time.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
We already went through a bunch a bs trying to figure this out in the other thread. Best bet is to call them at 1 (800) 793-8896 and tell them the issue but don't tell them your rooted. I called them and they were helping until that point. After that they pretty much just blamed me rooting the phone.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got off a chat session with VM support. They say the update is not the Gingerbread update and have no info when this will be released. When I tried to get some info on what exactly this is they could not give an answer. They did ask for the current software version for my phone. Thankfully my wife is running stock(not rooted) and I was able to get it from her phone. The agent told me this is the current software version, and has no idea what this supposed update is for. Just throwing this out there, but do you think this might be a fix for the "50% time without signal bug" that has been affecting all our phones? And before you ask, no my wife will not let me touch her phone for any rooting, updates or anything like that. She deathly afraid of borking her phone beyond repair. Although I have been rooted and running AOSP without any issues for almost a month and running Rodimus before that, she is still convinced it suddenly crash and burn without warning. Sorry I can't help with trying out the update.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Tell your wife there is Rom called Aphrodite created by a woman that is super stable and pretty much as safe as the stock firmware. What woman can resist that? Then, secretly put a test build of AOSP's CM7 on there. Depending on the technical expertise of your wife, this may cause marital problems, YMMV.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
With all the info gathered Ill call LG back when I get the chance and see what they say. May have better luck with finding out what it is.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got off a chat session with VM support. They say the update is not the Gingerbread update and have no info when this will be released. When I tried to get some info on what exactly this is they could not give an answer. They did ask for the current software version for my phone. Thankfully my wife is running stock(not rooted) and I was able to get it from her phone. The agent told me this is the current software version, and has no idea what this supposed update is for. Just throwing this out there, but do you think this might be a fix for the "50% time without signal bug" that has been affecting all our phones? And before you ask, no my wife will not let me touch her phone for any rooting, updates or anything like that. She deathly afraid of borking her phone beyond repair. Although I have been rooted and running AOSP without any issues for almost a month and running Rodimus before that, she is still convinced it suddenly crash and burn without warning. Sorry I can't help with trying out the update.

If it is not Gingerbread, what is it than? You did say VM support...most of the times they dont know what they are talking about or is reading from a script over in India...I think LG is the one that is producing the update, they should be better suited to answer updates questions. Tell your wife if you brick her phone you will get her the Evo 3D coming out sooon.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae