VM670 update?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Got off the phone with LG. They told me its an update for basebands under vm760zv4. They said that zv4 is the current version. I asked them if there is a problem with the updater they said yes then proceeds to tell me what I first wrote. Figured I'd update and let you all know.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I successfully downloaded the .cab file for the update. Sneaky update tool deletes it if update files. I grabbed it before. Happy playing at your own risk :)

Fyi you need 7zip to extract the file.

VM670ZV5_07.cab link removed until I can do it and make sure it doesn't brick phones

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I successfully downloaded the .cab file for the update. Sneaky update tool deletes it if update files. I grabbed it before. Happy playing at your own risk :)

Fyi you need 7zip to extract the file.

VM670ZV5_07.cab link removed until I can do it and make sure it doesn't brick phones

Is there a difference between the cab you uploaded and the cab I uploaded in the other thread?

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
for those who have the baseband update, have you noticed any significant change? i remember on big red when i changed my baseband for d1 there was def. a boost in 3g speeds

Pghosty

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys to get the lg update software to work its quite simple in windows... I had a lot of trouble with it... When i was a winblowz user... running ubuntu now. But its quite simple goto the device manager and disable the adb driver in the device manager. And it works.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys to get the lg update software to work its quite simple in windows... I had a lot of trouble with it... When i was a winblowz user... running ubuntu now. But its quite simple goto the device manager and disable the adb driver in the device manager. And it works.

Anything different in the zv5 version?

citizeninsane89

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Didn't work!:'(

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I emailed LG about the error message. They said either the program didn't install properly or the update process was interupted.

I called them earlier and they said there was no update lol. Which we all know there is according to the site and updater

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I went back to stock and tried updating and with new drivers, adb disabled, and the phone off it still got stuck at checking phone model.

I wonder if this so called baseband update will increase 3G speeds for sure. Most of the time I only get around 120 kbps. My 3G isn't really slow, it just could be faster.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I can get past checking phone model. It will download the update but has soon has it is done downloading it pops up with the error message: "Update not possible due to an error...".

rwinvt

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Someone should try it out, i would but don't have my LG anymore...

I would but my PC died lol

Yup, says there's an update, my phones completely custom rommed out so I can't update.

I would too, but....

After some 5 hours with various LG techs, LG updater was finally working, showed a software update available from VM60Z V4 to V5-- but the update link was greyed out and wouldn't work.

- Neither the Tech or I have any idea which of the various things we did was responsible for getting Updater to work-- (sort of)

-He said the updater has been an ongoing problem. I agree.

- He sent a report up the chain-- if it has anyresults he'll contact me.

- Someone at LG evidently wrote a software update, but no one who answers telephones at LG knows who or what it does.

-- Whatever the update might be, it is not the 2.3 Gingerbread update.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I would too, but....

After some 5 hours with various LG techs, LG updater was finally working, showed a software update available from VM60Z V4 to V5-- but the update link was greyed out and wouldn't work.

- Neither the Tech or I have any idea which of the various things we did was responsible for getting Updater to work-- (sort of)

-He said the updater has been an ongoing problem. I agree.

- He sent a report up the chain-- if it has anyresults he'll contact me.

- Someone at LG evidently wrote a software update, but no one who answers telephones at LG knows who or what it does.

-- Whatever the update might be, it is not the 2.3 Gingerbread update.
So it hasn't been confirmed that this is a baseband update? What are the chances that we could lose our ability to re root? I thought we were told never to accept updates from LG.

"I'd almost like to say that when it comes to VM phones I'd almost rather have a bricked phone than a stock phone."

That's a bold statement. Root or die basically.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk