Finally Ready

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay for this last month i have been reading on all things root for android and the delicacy of the process. So on Thursday I am going to get off the fence and flash a rom onto my phone my only problem is that I want to have the best rom for my needs. I know that for the most part Gingerbread roms are not perfect (WiFi and MMS) are still being worked on. I do not really care for bluetooth but I would love to have a rom where mostly everything works and what not! Any suggestions? :D

Thanks in advance!

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're lookin for Gingerbread, Aosp is pretty much workin, Wifi and MMS are both working. Bluetooth is iffy and wireheadset buttons dont work.

It all depends what you're lookin for, most Roms now have themes to go with them or are already themed. If you're lookin for a 2.2 Froyo Rom, I would look into either Nameless or Harmonia. Nameless for some nice features and Harmonia for it's polished quick feel. Haven't tried Bumblebee but I hear some good things. Once you get used to flashing Roms, you may want to just try each of them till you find one that suits your personal needs.

Just my two cents.

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks and I agree with you and once I get through flashing roms a couple times I am sure that it will be like a second nature for me:D! I rooted a couple phones before but always have been scared to flash. But Thursday I will unclinch my sphincter and do it! I love this forum for easing my fears!

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks and I agree with you and once I get through flashing roms a couple times I am sure that it will be like a second nature for me:D! I rooted a couple phones before but always have been scared to flash. But Thursday I will unclinch my sphincter and do it! I love this forum for easing my fears!

Long as you have a Nandroid backup and NEVER Factory Reset through Settings. It's nearly impossible to mess up.

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have been reading on the steps here, and being one of the idiots to do a factory reset through my privacy settings I am ready just Thursday is my first full day off from work in months so I can be as careful as possible and still have plenty of play time with it! I have read some stuff on Asop and I am dead set on trying that one first!

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I like aosp a lot over all. Only reason I'm not using it is that when playing pandora on my phone through my car stereo when I answer a call their voice doesn't go through my speakers. I love being able to rock out then answer a call through my stereo without having to pick it up. Hang up the phone and goes right back into Pandora where it was before the phone started ringing. When this is fixed I'll definitely be going back. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech