Netflix WORKS on the Optimus V!!!!

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Great news. I'm not sure if its been posted yet but Netflix works on our Optimus V! All you have to do is edit your build.prop to one of the supported phones, reboot and run the app. Works perfectly, FLASH NOT REQUIRED!

It worked on my Nook Color, so I figured what the hell.

I have a video of it running if anyone doesn't buy just the post.

kgill7#CB

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Great news. I'm not sure if its been posted yet but Netflix works on our Optimus V! All you have to do is edit your build.prop to one of the supported phones, reboot and run the app. Works perfectly, FLASH NOT REQUIRED!

It worked on my Nook Color, so I figured what the hell.

I have a video of it running if anyone doesn't buy just the post.

put up the link here so we can download it, the edited one for optimus v plz =)

Reactions: keystonep1mz

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe the APK is available on XDA.
As for the Build.prop...

MAKE A COPY AND KEEP IT SAFE!!!!!
Edit with root explorer
Change the following...

ro.product.model=VM670
ro.product.brand=VirginMobile
ro.product.name=aosp.thunderc
ro.product.device=thunderc
ro.product.board=thunderc

to

ro.product.model=Nexus One
ro.product.brand=google
ro.product.name=passion
ro.product.device=passion
ro.product.board=mahimahi

a couple spaces down you'll see

ro.product.manufacturer=LGE
change to
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

save and reboot.

I REPEAT!!!!! KEEP THE ORIGINAL Build.Prop.

Last edited:

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually I got the APK from my Nexus One which runs Netflix legit. I just read somewhere that the APK was available on XDA.

All this is is editing the build.prop. It isn't a hack by any means. we'll have to wait for someone with skills to get a modded version of the APK for our phones. But at least it works this way and we now know Flash isn't required.

Heres the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1kMkX8wtac

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually I got the APK from my Nexus One which runs Netflix legit. I just read somewhere that the APK was available on XDA.

All this is is editing the build.prop. It isn't a hack by any means. we'll have to wait for someone with skills to get a modded version of the APK for our phones. But at least it works this way and we now know Flash isn't required.

Heres the vid.
YouTube - Netflix streaming on an Optimus V.

Sorry I shouldn't have assumed. Was just pointing in the right direction.

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Some apps on your phone may not run using an edited build prop. Swype is one of those apps.
Thats why I say to copy your original Build.prop.
I rename the original to build.prop.orig and the edited to build.prop.
When done with Netflix I can just rename the original back to build.prop and the edited to build.prop.net and everything is back to normal.

Yeah, it can be annoying but remember this is just a workaround until someone hooks us up with a "fixed" APK.

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Got it working but have that green bar like a crappy copy of a vhs, going to see if overclocking helps.

Edit: Here is the green bar I am talking about.
1lDIe.png

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
wow, thats weird. Don't know if overclocking will help. I checked my phone to see what I was OC'd to and I wasn't. I was at 600. Is this bar appearing on all your movies?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Any repercussions from running the edited build prop?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Swype says it is on a phone it is not intended for, probably have to redownload the beta.

I cannot get streaming to work. Everything else works, but once I start to stream, I get an error message saying this phone is not supported yet, got to the website for a list of supported phones.

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Swype says it is on a phone it is not intended for, probably have to redownload the beta.

I cannot get streaming to work. Everything else works, but once I start to stream, I get an error message saying this phone is not supported yet, got to the website for a list of supported phones.

Did you reboot after changing the Build.prop?

also make sure there are no errors in your edits.

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Running the latest Harmonia don't know if stage fright is enabled or not. I actually think it is simply my phone dying. It had been running great since I bought it (day before official release) but about a week ago it started overheating anytime I had a phone call. It didn't matter if it was 1min or 1 hour it would heat up fast and the phone would stay laggy/frozen until a reboot.

Will probably try other roms just to see be sure, but I think it's my specific phone. And yes it happens on all of them.