Cannot install rom

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a virgin Mobil Optimus V phone.
I am using ClockworkMod Recovery v. 3.0.0.6.
Using Clockwork recovery I selected "install zip from sdcard
Then "choose zip from sd card.
Then I installed the gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip
Then it reboots and my phone comes back on. Everything seems to be doing what it is supposed to do.
The problem is - nothing has changed. I have the original rom I started with. What am I doing wrong?
TIA for any help on this. :)

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a virgin Mobil Optimus V phone.
I am using ClockworkMod Recovery v. 3.0.0.6.
Using Clockwork recovery I selected "install zip from sdcard
Then "choose zip from sd card.
Then I installed the gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip
Then it reboots and my phone comes back on. Everything seems to be doing what it is supposed to do.
The problem is - nothing has changed. I have the original rom I started with. What am I doing wrong?
TIA for any help on this. :)

That's because "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip" is just the google apps, not a ROM

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
OK. I downloaded a rom from rom manager. It still will not let me install it. I reboot and have the same original rom. When I try to install it again, it says do you want to install the update. I say yes and it comes back with update installation error/abort. I downloaded cyanmod's cm-7.0.0-ONE-signed and superuser's su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip and neither seems to have worked.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If your using clockwork use either AOSP CM7 or bumblebee rom. Those are the only 2 I can get flashed with clockwork recovery. Hope that helps

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The first time you install this ROM it will take quite a while to boot

I was able to get back to recovery and install the backup. It is taking a long time but I'll wait it out. It is a learning experience at least, even though a bit frustrating. The worse I'd have to do is buy a new phone, but I'm not really wanting to do that. About how long should it take?

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get back to recovery and install the backup. It is taking a long time but I'll wait it out. It is a learning experience at least, even though a bit frustrating. The worse I'd have to do is buy a new phone, but I'm not really wanting to do that. About how long should it take?

I've let a phone sit for maybe 10 mins before when updating a ROM

Reactions: ravenroost

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've let a phone sit for maybe 10 mins before when updating a ROM

This has been taking a lot longer than that. I cannot get past the Android logo. The light flashes from right to left for awhile and then just stops. Nothing else happens. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon