Stuck at Android screen

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My phone is stuck at the Android screen. I pulled battery out and left it out for several minutes but when phone comes back on it still gets stuck at Android screen. I followed some of the advice in other threads for bricked phones but nothing works. I can boot in to recovery mode and emergancy mode. Adb shell works but still can't get past Android screen. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

devinblue

May 26, 2011
Visit site
what rom are you running and how long did you let it sit on the screen? sometimes when you flash a new rom, it can take a while to boot.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Download the stock nandroid and recovery from here: optimusV_stock_nandroid_and_recovery.zip

Use 7-zip to extract the file, then place the boot.img file in your c:/android-sdk-path/platform-tools/ folder.

Press your Windows Start key, then type cmd and press enter.

Type cd c:/android-sdk-path/platform-tools

Boot your phone into recovery, then hook it up to your PC

In the cmd window type adb shell

--If you get a # prompt, continue, if not, see below

Type exit

Type adb remount system

Type adb push c:/android-sdk-path/platform-tools/boot.img /sdcard/boot.img

Type adb shell (once again, be sure you have a # prompt, not a $ prompt)

Type flash_image recovery boot.img

Type reboot

If you haven't flashed a ROM previously, you should now be back to stock, though your home and menu keys may be swapped.

If you didn't see a # sign when you typed adb shell, try method two here, you will end up rooted, but stock.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So it completed flashing the boot.img with no errors?

If so, you should follow the rest of the instructions from the thread I posted.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You can reflash Boot.img all you want, that isn't the problem.

When the phone reaches the Android logo it's beyond that and is in the process of loading framework.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
OIC, I had helped someone who couldn't boot past recovery with this method, didn't realize this case was beyond that step.

In that case, use the methods posted in the thread above, you should be able to put the stock rom back on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX