Rom Manager on Optimus V.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd start this thread as a general discussion/help thread for rom manager instead of blowing up aosp's thread. That way aosp's thread can be used for the rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

antgly

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone going to add Rodimus or any other ROMs to ROM Manager? It would be nice to have an easy way to test them all...

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
That would be up to the developer to submit their roms to clockwork but that would be nice to have an option of roms. Maybe talk to the developer of each rom and see what they say.

Edit. We now have Google apps and extras in the download section of rom manager.

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree but for those who don't use or dont want to use rom manager that the links to download directly should stay up.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That would be up to the developer to submit their roms to clockwork but that would be nice to have an option of roms. Maybe talk to the developer of each rom and see what they say.

Edit. We now have Google apps and extras in the download section of rom manager.

Sorry but iirc the Rom manager dev only wants AOSP based ROMs on the list.

I'm not sure if Roms are hosted through cwm team or how they can be posted to the download list.
And besides, Cwm recovery 3.x flashed through the app only supports (the newer) 2.3+ zip scripting. The froyo zips would have be converted first. That could be confusing for some.

Still overall its a great idea considering Rom manager is an awesome project.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if Roms are hosted through cwm team or how they can be posted to the download list.
And besides, Cwm recovery 3.x flashed through the app only supports (the newer) 2.3+ zip scripting. The froyo zips would have be converted first. That could be confusing for some.

Thanks for that info.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

that sucks but wut you goin to do?

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
And upon further reading, It looks like you have to have premium to download ROMs other than CM.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Well that sucks maybe its not a good idea to have different roms other then open source. Maybe someone can get a cm6 port up and working lol

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I just flashed Bumble Bee with CWM....

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed Bumble Bee with CWM....
Really? In past when trying to flash a froyo Rom with Cwm 3.x I would always get an error:

"Amend Scripting is no longer supported. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to CWM 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting to create working update zip packages."

Maybe amend support was backported in the latest version similar to Xionia CWMA Recovery.

One less issue to deal with. This makes flashing for noobs much easier.

1. Super one click / gingerbreak

2. Flash Recovery via Rom manager

3. Flash desired ROM

Zero Commands Easy Process!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure someone in the community will post links for direct downloads of aosp

the mediafire download link for AOSPcm7 for the V is here on <gasp> the other forum.
check the first post.
as long as you're not trying to keep your android passwords secure, google is your friend.
edit:
duh, download link has been pulled since rom moved to rom-manager. blast, I was enjoying aosp's work, but I don't want rom-manager on my device, and I'm not willing to hunt or request download links for each new release, so guess I'm moving to some different rom for now.

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I seen on the other forum that aosp is still in the premium section under Optimus one haven't look but may jump ship if it stays and go back to 2.2. Still debating.

Edit
Just checked still under Optimus one but back to free again.

shakefu

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I seen on the other forum that aosp is still in the premium section under Optimus one haven't look but may jump ship if it stays and go back to 2.2. Still debating.

Edit

Bonafide!

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Edit

So is that why when I brought the premium of Clockwork and flashed the recovery for the V that I don't see it showing up under the download roms list? Its still listed under the optimus one? Because right now all I see under downloads is the free google apps and something else called "extras" which is just diffrent versions of superusers.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
That is why you don't see it you are correct. Aosp hasn't transfered it on clockwork as of yet. Then again he may have I'm not running aosp at this time.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair