No Market

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked, welcome to the dark side! ;)

I had switched phones because I couldn't use the optimus, how do I switch it back? the activate app on the phone is gone and when I go online to swap it, it says theres an error when I type in the ESN/MEID

I thought the trouble was over =(

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had switched phones because I couldn't use the optimus, how do I switch it back? the activate app on the phone is gone and when I go online to swap it, it says theres an error when I type in the ESN/MEID

I thought the trouble was over =(

I didn't know you needed to activate. Unfortunately, you will have to flash a froyo based ROM in order to reactivate your phone, once activated, aosp can be reflashed if you like.

Try harmonia or bumblebee ROM, flash it in recovery using install from sdcard, reboot.
Press the app drawer icon and press the activate icon.
Let it finish, then reflash the aospCMod zip to get back to gingerbread, or stick with the froyo ROM you used to activate

Last edited:
Reactions: paul.thomas

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know you needed to activate. Unfortunately, you will have to flash a froyo based ROM in order to reactivate your phone, once activated, aosp can be reflashed if you like.

Try harmonia or bumblebee ROM, flash it in recovery using install from sdcard, reboot.
Press the app drawer icon and press the activate icon.
Let it finish, then reflash the aospCMod zip to get back to gingerbread, or stick with the froyo ROM you used to activate

I was able to flash to bumblebee and start the activate app.
it shows a loading screen that looks like this

Hold on while we
connect to the
network...

with the one highlited in white and 2 and 3 highlited in red
eventually 2 will get highlited in white but when 3 gets highlited it says

service is not
available
Error: 06-07-5101
Contact Virgin
Mobile
at your Service
1-888-322-1122

i have near full signal and i have wifi turned on
I'm apprehensive about calling vm because I'll have to explain what happened or send in a rooted phone

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just call them and say you did a factory reset under privacy settings, and that you can't get past step 3 in the activate process. They probably need to do something on their end.

Just don't mention rooting, just say you had some apps force closing, so you tried the factory reset.

EDIT: Try doing the activation over 3G instead of wifi first.

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Just call them and say you did a factory reset under privacy settings, and that you can't get past step 3 in the activate process. They probably need to do something on their end.

Just don't mention rooting, just say you had some apps force closing, so you tried the factory reset.

EDIT: Try doing the activation over 3G instead of wifi first.

yeah, imma have to call em, thanks for all the help throughout this whole process

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So for some reason the phone activated itself overnight so now I dont have to call vm or anything!

although for some reason the market wont work while using the 3g network. It works when I use wifi though

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So for some reason the phone activated itself overnight so now I dont have to call vm or anything!

although for some reason the market wont work while using the 3g network. It works when I use wifi though

Are you still on Bumblebee? I'm not real familiar with it, so check it's thread out in these forums, it may be a setting or known issue.
You may need to go into recovery and flash gapps or wipe something I didn't mention.

Overnight servers sometimes go thru maintenance schedules, so it's understandable it took a while.
Glad it's working now!

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
i tried it on a stock rom, bumblebee, and aosp and data wont work on any of em. The lack of gps is really the only major issue, but who knows maybe it'll work itself out like the activation did

boxedup

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry just wanted to say i searched the web and there is an abundance of info on this, but I had the same problem and you broke it down into a form we noobies could grasp. Thanks Alot man you saved me 200 bucks as well.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@paul.thomas: You may need to call VM and tell them about your 3G issue, there have been cases where the phone had to be "reprovisioned for 3G" by customer service.

@boxedup: Glad to hear you got it working!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke