Optimus v down! I need sum 1 who truly knows what they r doing

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok i put the file on the link u gave om my sd card. do i unzip all 3 files within or just that file itself
right now on my sd card i have the fix ur **** file zipped and unzipped but the three files within are still zipped under both. do i just go with the unzipped fix ur **** file or do i go in that file and unzip the other three on sd card. does that make sense. sorry for analyzing everything kind of a bad habit but i just want to make sure i do it right

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
These zip files are that way for a reason. They are meant to stay zipped. Any time someone tells you flash a zip file, leave it zipped. The first one (v recovery) is the custom recovery you need to flash the other two. Aosp is the rom, and gapps is the google apps(market, gmail,etc.) Leave those three zipped.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok so i downloaded file onto pc. i unzipped it and then moved the unzipped file to sd card. i put sd card back in phone how do i do the next step (flash the .zip named flash_vrecovery.zip) do i do that from the pc? sorry im new to this

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
These zip files are that way for a reason. They are meant to stay zipped. Any time someone tells you flash a zip file, leave it zipped. The first one (v recovery) is the custom recovery you need to flash the other two. Aosp is the rom, and gapps is the google apps(market, gmail,etc.) Leave those three zipped.

ok gotcha leave them zipped. now he did say un zip the file i downloaded to sd card so i put the unzipped file on sd card. i guess im not understanding how to flash a file

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok so i have the file on sd card when i go to INSTALL FROM SD CARD it gives the option to; apply /sdcard/update.zip
and
choose zip from sd card
so do i apply then boot recovery
or choose and then boot recovery

ok maybe this will make more sense the only thing or option on my sd card is: fix your **** man/
thats the only thing i can select when i go to; install zip from sd card and then: choose zip from sdcard.
thats why i ask do i just select the file "fix your **** man" from the option "choose zip from sdcard" or do i, from main menu select "install zip from sdcard" and then "apply /sdcard/update.zip

Last edited:

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok hold on. sorry i think i got it.. this is the path i took
install zip from sdcard
choose zip from sd card
fix your **** man
fix your **** man ( made me choose [camera button] this twice)
then it lists: flash_vrecovery
aospCMod-VM670-20110523-sign
gapps-gb-20116013
i selected the first one (flash_vrecovery)
again i apologize for beeing so "slow" its just i analyze everything WAY to much. sorry guys please dont get to frustrated just bare with me:-[

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
function(){var a=e[pb](i,arguments);typeof a==="object"&&c(a);return a} ok well i followed ur steps all the way to #6 when i got there the aosp file and the other two were gone. im assuming wiping everything like u said in previous steps 1-5 is why it was erased. which is how i got in this mess in the first place. so im gonna put the file back on sdcard and do it again except i wont wipe everything after i do it.sound good?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
5.Wipe data and cache from the main menu.Then format /boot,/cache,data,/sd-ext, and /system from Mounts and Storage. Then go back to the main menu and go to advanced. Then wipe the dalvik cache.

/sd-ext doesn't stand for the SD card but a partition that maybe there but I bet u don't use.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
oh i didnt know that. ok well i tried again and when i went to install aospCMod-VM67020110523 it started up and then failed. it syas (status 7) installation aborted.
what the hell does (status 7) mean. cuz thats what it said earlier when i tried installing a differant one.. and i also wanted to knw under mounts and storage, what needs to be mounted and what needs to be unmounted. right now this is how its setup; cache is mounted/ data is unmounted/ sd card is mounted/ system is unmounted

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok well how did u do that cuz my sd card is blank and everytime i try to install a rom or aosp or anything it cant do it and keeps showing (status 7) any idea what that means

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Oooooh, well guys, I believe this will be the dead end, he's running the official cwm from rom manager, that version doesn't flash ANYTHING therefore, we have to get him to understand on how to flash a new recovery before he does anything.. well good luck

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Oooooh, well guys, I believe this will be the dead end, he's running the official cwm from rom manager, that version doesn't flash ANYTHING therefore, we have to get him to understand on how to flash a new recovery before he does anything.. well good luck

well n e one want to take a shot on teaching me how to flash a new recovery. or is my phone really just done? i just downloaded the stock nandroid and recovery, can i do n e thing with that or was it a waste of time. well guess ill go start gathering stuff to pawn so i can get a new phone. damn!!!! that sucks.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My man .. all you have to do is install this:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...astboot-style-fastest-easiest-way-around.html

And click flash complete package and your phone is back to normal.

Your welcome ;)

ive seen this before somewhere ill give it a shot and thank u. just so u know what im working with, my sd card is completely blank and it only goes to fastboot when i turn it on normal, but it looks like u know what that is. so hear goes.its worth a shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret