So I FINALLY (See my troubles here) got CM7 up and running on my phone, and I have a couple of questions. First, is there any way to bring all of my texts over from my original ROM? I have a nandroid backup of the original, and of cm7, so I can easily switch between the two. I tried backing up the data from the Froyo messaging app and restoring it in gingerbread, but still no texts. Are they stored somewhere maybe? I don't know. Also, I would like to do the same thing with my call log. Also, what are the recommended settings for the CPU, and what should the governor be? I have it set to max 825 and min 600, with an interactive governor, but I have gotten like 7 or 8 random reboots in the past couple hours when I do things like turn the WiFi hotspot on, or use Google goggles. Thanks in advance!
    06-18-2011 02:41 PM
    Restoring content from Froyo to Gingerbread almost always ends badly with FC and random reboots. There are ways to save them with apps able to restore them later but not from backups or atleast not to my knowledge.
    06-18-2011 02:53 PM
    Ooh... maybe trying to restore Froyo data is what is giving me these reboots then. Hmm...
    06-18-2011 03:05 PM
    Nandroid your current install. Put your Froyo Nandoid back on, then install an SMS backup program or other backup program that will do it (Titanium or Mybackup Pro will backup everything).

Put the Nandroid of CM7 on, put the backup program on, import your old data.

IF you use a reputable program and don't try to restore everything (particularly all at once), you should not get any FC's. If you want a more detailed breakdown, check my backup tutorial.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...iable-way.html
    06-18-2011 04:19 PM
    Not all phones are able to overclock to the same extent. Try dropping your max speed down a notch or two and see if that eliminate some of your force closes. Mine is only stable at 748 but my wife can go all the way to 806.
    06-18-2011 05:14 PM
    For some reason I don't think hes done any overclocking yet.
    06-18-2011 05:39 PM
    Read the op, he states he is clocked at 825/600 interactive. A lot of phones can not handle an overclock that high. With the force closes and reboots on high cpu tasks, it just might be clocked too high.
    06-18-2011 07:39 PM
    And also, can I get the ringtones from the harmonia ROM page onto here somehow? And, sorry for so many questions, but is there supposed to be a cyanogen boot screen? Because mine goes from a silver LG logo, to a color LG logo, to the android one with the light shining over it.
    06-19-2011 06:30 AM
    aosp took most of the wallpapers, ringtones, and the bootanimation out to save on file size, after all one of the main reasons to root is to free up internal space

Ringtones, wallpapers, and bootanimations can be installed at anytime.
    06-19-2011 09:47 AM
    And also, can I get the ringtones from the harmonia ROM page onto here somehow? And, sorry for so many questions, but is there supposed to be a cyanogen boot screen? Because mine goes from a silver LG logo, to a color LG logo, to the android one with the light shining over it.
    Check post #2 on Harmonia's thread, there is a flashable zip to put them in. Not sure if it will work on AOSP though.
    06-19-2011 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD