PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Well I haven't had the LG 670 for long, Maybe three days at most. Got tired of the bloatware and did some research into rooting first, then flashing roms, it ended with a flashed stock rom. But then I tried something silly like the LG privacy wipe in hopes to correcting my su troubles. Well I HAD ClockworkMod Recoveries or something of the nature.

Then I overwrote that recovery mode with something just goofy like the Android baseline recovery so I'm not really sure how to restore backups from here or get anything past a boot to recovery loop. Spent all night on this one and I wish I knew of a way to get some sort of fastboot mode going or some kind of function back to my phone hah... Yeah I tried forum searching also. Phone boots, goes into recovery mode, formats, then restarts then lockup at LG screen.

Anyways, Is there any way for me to activate a fastboot mode to recover the phone? If not then im not sure what to do.
    06-19-2011 09:59 AM
    Does it even have an option to zip to rom or some kind of option like that?
    06-19-2011 12:08 PM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...ay-around.html
    I believe this is what you said you wanted...
    06-19-2011 12:30 PM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...ay-around.html
    I believe this is what you said you wanted...
    I really wish that would work but my phone stuck in a booting loop, it doesn't get to the fastboot bluescreen error... sadly.
    06-19-2011 01:26 PM
    Does it even have an option to zip to rom or some kind of option like that?
    If you are talking about the recovery options, nope it auto-formats then reboots. I did some messing around and figured out if i hold the power button while it formats it displays "Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4" Im not even sure how I managed to put that on there.
    06-19-2011 01:34 PM
    I really wish that would work but my phone stuck in a booting loop, it doesn't get to the fastboot bluescreen error... sadly.
    It doesn't need to be at any screen or anything, the fastboot root/recovery guide will fix your phone. It is almost impossible to brick these phones. If you can't get it connect while it is boot looping, go into whatever recovery you have and follow the guide. As long as your phone can power up, you can fix it.
    06-19-2011 01:56 PM
    Wait, when you get to Xionia CWMA does it still loop? If not then you're in luck.

EDIT: I thought you had to be able to boot into fastboot to use fastbootroot :O.
    06-19-2011 01:58 PM
    It doesn't need to be at any screen or anything, the fastboot root/recovery guide will fix your phone. It is almost impossible to brick these phones. If you can't get it connect while it is boot looping, go into whatever recovery you have and follow the guide. As long as your phone can power up, you can fix it.
    Well um, About that... I already tried it already and there is only a split second usb connection from the phone and thats while the recovery mode is formatting. (4seconds max) Then Reboots After that its locks up on the LG screen.

BUT I WILL TRY IT AGAIN!!!
    06-19-2011 02:36 PM
    Wait, when you get to Xionia CWMA does it still loop? If not then you're in luck.

EDIT: I thought you had to be able to boot into fastboot to use fastbootroot :O.

Sorry for the confusion, Why yes! It formats two or three sections of the phone in roughly 4 seconds and restarts. I haven't found a way to pause or stop it yet other than the Emergency Boot option... I have a 4 second usb connection and no control other than that. That I know of anyways... During the 4 seconds I have tried to spam adb connections and root fastboot connections both end with "waiting on device"
    06-19-2011 02:46 PM
    I trapped myself into the same kind of boot loop, took me hours to search up the solution.
    like you said, there are a few seconds where the phone is usb accessible.
    this post solved it for me.
    at the very end of the post are the instructions, the beginning is more of an explanation. I quoted the part you'll need at the end of this post you're reading now.
    you might also try
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    during the short accessible time to get into fastboot, but if I remember right, until you erase that mtd partition it'll still loop even if you can get another recovery/rom onto it thru fastboot.
    sorry, I misunderstood your problem, but I've been there too. and now my V is just fine.
    keep trying what zefie said until you get the timing right for the command to "take"
    You are not bricked though but at this point you have to race against time. When you reboot recovery and Xionia CWMA passes it to LGE Recovery, because it still sees FACT_RESET_3, quicky attempt to run this command: (copy and paste the whole line)

adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8; adb reboot recovery

If you are successful you should be able to boot back into recovery.
    the way I got the timing right was to paste the line into the pc shell, but not press enter until the phone accepted the connection. you kind of have to do it by ear, and just don't give up. that command line does work.

edit; regardless, let us know if it worked!
    Raive likes this.
    06-19-2011 02:51 PM
    I trapped myself into the same kind of boot loop, took me hours to search up the solution.
    like you said, there are a few seconds where the phone is usb accessible.
    this post solved it for me.
    at the very end of the post are the instructions, the beginning is more of an explanation. I quoted the part you'll need at the end of this post you're reading now.
    you might also try
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    during the short accessible time to get into fastboot, but if I remember right, until you erase that mtd partition it'll still loop even if you can get another recovery/rom onto it thru fastboot.
    sorry, I misunderstood your problem, but I've been there too. and now my V is just fine.
    keep trying what zefie said until you get the timing right for the command to "take"

the way I got the timing right was to paste the line into the pc shell, but not press enter until the phone accepted the connection. you kind of have to do it by ear, and just don't give up. that command line does work.

Hahah Jolly good times to be had sir. I bow to you. It kicked it into A very pretty blue fastboot mode
    06-19-2011 03:10 PM
    Hahah Jolly good times to be had sir. I bow to you. It kicked it into A very pretty blue fastboot mode
    glad to hear it worked!
    so you're back up and running again, then?
    I remember when I thrashed mine that way, I about had a fit. I hadn't owned it very long at all, and it really looked busted.
    I was lucky, when I bricked mine (the first time :O,) everyone else was doing it, and it was a recently released toy, so the devs were all over it and the searches were a lot easier.
    so were you able to simply flash your way out of it in fastboot, or did you have to erase mtd8 to break the loop as well?
    06-19-2011 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD