My phone (LG optimus V) was accidentally wiped of all data, i believe. I was trying to flash my phone with a new ROM and in the process i must have deleted all of my data and everything. Every time i try to reboot my phone it loads the LG screen then always goes straight to the ClockworkMod Recovery screen. I tried to restore my old rom with my backup rom that i made with ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0 that i made before i did anything else but it got deleted along with everything from my SD card. So now i have a phone that is stuck on the ClockworkMod Screen and will not load anything.

And also my SD card is not working because i tried to burn and .img file to it but that didnt work either. If anyone could help in any way i would REALLY appreciate it.
    06-20-2011 02:44 AM
    Put your SD in your computer, load whatever rom, still zipped on it, let your phone go in to recovery, have it flash the rom, your backup is gone if your SD got wiped
    06-20-2011 02:58 AM
    Did you partition the card using the recovery? That deletes everything on the card. You are supposed to backup your sd card before partitioning it, and then return the files when you are done. Or did this happen randomly while flashing a rom?

Either way, if the card isn't bad, you might be able to recover your deleted backups by using a data recovery tool. I recommend EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard or Recover4all. Both work well. Don't write any files to card until you recover your files or you might overwrite something.

The worst case scenario is the card is bad, That means the back ups you made are gone and you wiped your phone without a way to load a rom. The solution is to get a new card. Put the rom files on it using your computer, and then flash a new rom. Your phone should be working again.
    06-20-2011 03:13 AM
    How would i flash a new ROM to my phone using the computer? or even through ClockworkMod?

And what ROM would i use?
    06-20-2011 09:25 AM
    As long as you didn't flash your recovery using ROM Manager from the android market, follow these steps:

1. Put your SD Card into your computer.
    2. Download CM7 from here.
    3. Download the google apps (Market, etc...) from here
    4. Put these both on your SD Card, still zipped. (DO NOT unzip these!)
    5. Start up into recovery (Hold volume down, home, power. When you see the LG logo, release)
    6. Click wipe cache partition (you will need to use the camera button to select)
    7. Click Advanced>> Wipe Dalvik Cache
    8. Hit the power button to go back to the main recovery screen
    9. Click Mounts and storage, then format
    A) data
    B) cache
    C) boot
    D) system
    10. Click install zip from SD card
    11. Click asopCM7-VM670-20110601-signed.zip
    12. Once it finishes (it may be a while, and you should see no errors. If you do, PM me and I will help you.) Click your GApps Zip.
    13. Reboot your system. You will now be using clockwork mod 7 (aOSP CM7).
    14. Go through the set up process.
    06-20-2011 09:42 AM
    okay so when i went to install the .zip file using ClockworkMod. this is what i got...

Installing update...
    Welcome to aospCMod-VM670-20110523!
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc"
    E:Error in /sdcard/aospCMod-VM670-20110523-signed.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Help?!
    06-20-2011 10:29 AM
    Hey guys i installed a new custom recovery called RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM

I used this video to do it:

Now im stuck in this recovery system. Everytime i install a custom rom it will actually install it, but it will not load when i reboot my phone. Whenever i install the ROM with the install zip from SDcard option, and then reboot my phone afterword, it returns me to the system recovery screen

Am i missing files or something else that wont make the ROM load until i install it?
    IDK what else to do...

I also used this video for the ROM installation:
    06-21-2011 02:46 AM
    this why you do EVERYTHING IN STEPS.

write a checklist.

after making a backup, put the microSD in your PC and save the backup to the hard drive to avoid this exact scenario.

at least you are booting into recovery. all you have to do is put a new copy of the ROM zip and the gapps and just flash like normal. this time dont wipe sd card. just go into advanced, wipe dalvik cache, then go to the previous menu of the recovery and wipe the regular cache, then wipe factory, then flash your rom.

thats really all it is.
    06-21-2011 03:01 AM
    Hey guys i installed a new custom recovery called RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM

I used this video to do it:

Now im stuck in this recovery system. Everytime i install a custom rom it will actually install it, but it will not load when i reboot my phone. Whenever i install the ROM with the install zip from SDcard option, and then reboot my phone afterword, it returns me to the system recovery screen

Am i missing files or something else that wont make the ROM load until i install it?
    IDK what else to do...

I also used this video for the ROM installation:
    You are having boot loop issues. From what I've seen, this is caused by a "messed up" recovery. Try reinstalling your recovery or installing a different one like Xionia: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-2518-6-a.html

This should fix it, but it might not considering the number of unorthodox things you've done. Let us know if this works.
    06-21-2011 03:09 AM