locked wifi networks

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to gain access to ANY wifi network without having to use a password?

Yes but if u don't alrdy know then ur likely wanting to steal bandwidth and/or data which is criminal. The only other person needing to know that is a technician who would alrdy know.

Reactions: Dk564

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The only networks that are easily "hackable" are WEP encrypted networks. It's not illegal to break the password and there is even a handy linux distro that you can use (Backtack). What is "illegal" is using your neighbor's wireless without their permission. It's no secret how to do it. Google "WEP cracking backtrack" for hundreds of tutorials. You'll need a computer to do it. You can't use your phone to do it. So there is no reason to ask here on this forum.

What is interesting is that it is also not illegal to merely passively capture packets from your neighbor's wireless router once you crack the WEP. Moral of the story, don't use WEP!

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The only networks that are easily "hackable" are WEP encrypted networks. It's not illegal to break the password and there is even a handy linux distro that you can use (Backtack). What is "illegal" is using your neighbor's wireless without their permission. It's no secret how to do it. Google "WEP cracking backtrack" for hundreds of tutorials. You'll need a computer to do it. You can't use your phone to do it. So there is no reason to ask here on this forum.

What is interesting is that it is also not illegal to merely passively capture packets from your neighbor's wireless router once you crack the WEP. Moral of the story, don't use WEP!

Exactly WEP is by far the worse piece of garbage I have ever seen which is why I don't use it.It too easy for someone to set up a clone and start sniffing for packets. That is way I tell people to use WPA

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Actually in the US it is illegal to circumvent any and all security measures either hardware or software that u don't directly own. This is the same law code that gives us the right to circumvent the security measures on our phone and gain root access. This is within the Federal code.

If u read my first post I wasn't even talking about the gaining of access as criminal but the theft of bandwidth and/or data as being criminal and really if its against anything but a company its only a civil issue where if someone was able to prove it they could sue.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

mmarz, you know backtrack? I wasn't expecting that at all. I've been teaching myself for at least 5-6 years now. I've basically mastered everything in it. It was the first linux distro that I ever started on. I'm actually getting a job doing this. Possibly starting tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463