Rooting the LG Optimus V

Gastroopa

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
been checking into rooting my phone, i am fairly sure i can do this with no trouble, however, anything i should know about that might make things as easy as possible?

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
been checking into rooting my phone, i am fairly sure i can do this with no trouble, however, anything i should know about that might make things as easy as possible?
Make sure you read everything first, if you don't understand something don't be afraid to ask. Again please READ first!, Don't and do it at the same time because that leads to mistakes.

Next step is choose a root method and recovery make sure you follow it to the letter. Once your rooted make sure the first thing you do is make yourself a back up of the stock ROM, In fact make sure you always back up before you flash ANY new ROM.

IMPORTANT: Once you root and flash a custom ROM never, ever, ever, ever, EVER! Do a factory reset under the privacy options because it will mess things up big time!

Remember rooting dose void your warranty
And just because I like to be nosy why do you want to root?

raynoldsk

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Use the method In Revolution Red's post above in this folder. Read it, and make sure you understand it.

Make sure you have everything downloaded and installed--including the zip file at the end of the post--before you start.

Don't over think it. Don't read every single post in the thread ( most are just thank you posts from people needing to get the zip file) just the first few pages.

Have a drink, do something fun to clear your mind, then just sit down and do it. Takes all of five minutes.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree, Revolution Red's instructions are how I rooted my phone, just follow the instructions step by step and you'll be fine.

If you can't use ADB for some reason, you can use Gingerbreak from the market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12