Help installing a custom recovery over clockworkmod please!!!

funnybrains12

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I just recently got Rom Manager, and I decided to download and flash the recovery in the app. It's worked fine, except for the fact that I wanted to change my ROM from CM7 to the Harmonia rom. It won't let me flash the .zip file. It gives me some error message about edify scripting. I've tried changing my recovery in the terminal emulator the way LeslieAnn shows in her thread, but that didn't work, and neither did adb. I'm at my wits end!!!

HELP ME PLEASE!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Download the xionia recovery: xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.img

Place it on your sdcard, not in a folder, then rename it xionia_recovery.img (for easy typing)

Be sure you have the Harmonia ROM's zip file on your sdcard too, also not in a folder (to make it easier)

Open Terminal Emulator and type:

su(return)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_recovery.img(return)
reboot recovery(return)

Once in recovery, wipe cache, format boot, data, system, and cache, then choose install from sdcard and select the Harmonia ROM's zip file

Go back to the main menu in recovery and reboot system now, be patient, it takes awhile to rebuild everything you had to wipe/format.

Reactions: funnybrains12

moose1212

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
hey ive tried everything what am i doing wrong i have a blank sd card partioned and im stuck in cwm could you please tell me what files i need to put on the card to flash anything to get my phone back i dont know how to use terminal emulater ive been mounting the usb and installing files that way just want the easiest way to do this up thanks in advance john

Last edited:

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
hey ive tried everything what am i doing wrong i have a blank sd card partioned and im stuck in cwm could you please tell me what files i need to put on the card to flash anything to get my phone back i dont know how to use terminal emulater ive been mounting the usb and installing files that way just want the easiest way to do this up thanks in advance john
Couldn't you just boot into recovery and flash it that way?

moose1212

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
got it back to stock but cant get xionia to flash about to give up on custom roms and just deal with the crap thats on the phone and be done thanks though

xblurr

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
When I try to flash the recovery from terminal emulator, I keep getting the same error:

error opening /sdcard/recovery.img: No such file or directory

(fyi renamed xionia to recovery.img)

Any help?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What exactly are you typing into terminal? Should be:

su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

To be sure the name and path are correct, you can type:

cd sdcard
ls

This will list all the files on the sdcard so you can be sure your rename worked.

Reactions: xblurr

xblurr

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
What exactly are you typing into terminal? Should be:

su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

To be sure the name and path are correct, you can type:

cd sdcard
ls

This will list all the files on the sdcard so you can be sure your rename worked.

wow, after looking at the list of the files, i had it named as recovery.img.img :-[
Everything now works great. Thanks!

vladdangel

May 11, 2011
Visit site
God I was hoping this would be a post about optimus M. I'm having the same problem but the M doesn't support xionia (softbrick if flashed). Too bad...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer