Battlefield 4 on PS4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a PS4 yet but I had it pre-ordered on PS3. Never ended up picking it up, after the beta I completely lost interest in it. I had almost 600 hours on BF3 but this seems like a completely different game. :(

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll be playing it on Xbox One but I'll be hitting up some Killzone Shadow Fall tomorrow once my PS4 arrives.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a PS4 yet but I had it pre-ordered on PS3. Never ended up picking it up, after the beta I completely lost interest in it. I had almost 600 hours on BF3 but this seems like a completely different game. :(

Its a WHOLE other game from the beta. I was also dissapointed....but dayum, on PS4 it's INCREDIBLE! Also had 800+ hours on Xbox 360 bf3 but the game stayed true to its core. Really enjoying it!

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll be playing it on Xbox One but I'll be hitting up some Killzone Shadow Fall tomorrow once my PS4 arrives.

Xbox one? Hmmmm, I think I heard it was 720p upscaled to 1080p? Kina a bummer :-\ if you want to hit me up for some Killzone, just let me know :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Xbox one? Hmmmm, I think I heard it was 720p upscaled to 1080p? Kina a bummer :-\ if you want to hit me up for some Killzone, just let me know :)

Its 720p (maybe upscaled) but not 1080p. PS4 Battlefield is also 720p though. But that's fine by me considering its still good. I was fine with the poor resolution/textures on Xbox 360 and if I cared too much I'd just buy it for my gaming PC. :)

Hit me up on PSN @ KrylonBlue88.

BTW: did you go full digital for games or stick with discs? I want digital but it concerns me at times.

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Its a WHOLE other game from the beta. I was also dissapointed....but dayum, on PS4 it's INCREDIBLE! Also had 800+ hours on Xbox 360 bf3 but the game stayed true to its core. Really enjoying it!

The mechanics and stuff might be different than the beta but I hate the new controller scheme. Feels like CoD's controls now.
They also ruined my favorite thing about BF, sniping; and the heli doesn't fly as good as it used to :(

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Its 720p (maybe upscaled) but not 1080p. PS4 Battlefield is also 720p though. But that's fine by me considering its still good. I was fine with the poor resolution/textures on Xbox 360 and if I cared too much I'd just buy it for my gaming PC. :)

Hit me up on PSN @ KrylonBlue88.

BTW: did you go full digital for games or stick with discs? I want digital but it concerns me at times.

I have bought 3 digital games in the past year, no discs.
1) It's $5-8 cheaper
2) Don't have to worry about it breaking or scratching
3) Don't have to insert the disc every time I want to play it after playing something else

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The mechanics and stuff might be different than the beta but I hate the new controller scheme. Feels like CoD's controls now.
They also ruined my favorite thing about BF, sniping; and the heli doesn't fly as good as it used to :(

Change it? There is a scheme called Veteran that shifts the knife to B/O (decoding in console) and the crouch to right stick click. The spotting has been moved from the back button to the RB/R1 which is a welcome change.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Change it? There is a scheme called Veteran that shifts the knife to B/O (decoding in console) and the crouch to right stick click. The spotting has been moved from the back button to the RB/R1 which is a welcome change.

Not for me. I hate that you can't check the scoreboard with select and that you lose all the bullets left in the mag when reloading :(

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
1) It's $5-8 cheaper
2) Don't have to worry about it breaking or scratching
3) Don't have to insert the disc every time I want to play it after playing something else

+1 as to why i love buying digital games. very convenient. Esp with PS+ theres chances youll find good games for less than 50% off and in some cases, free!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
+1 as to why i love buying digital games. very convenient. Esp with PS+ theres chances youll find good games for less than 50% off and in some cases, free!
Yeah. It pissed me off when they got BF3+Premium for $40 when I payed over $110 for those XD

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not for me. I hate that you can't check the scoreboard with select and that you lose all the bullets left in the mag when reloading :(

The bullets issue was patched. The issue was the game confused that rule in standard from hardcore.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The bullets issue was patched. The issue was the game confused that rule in standard from hardcore.

So, this doesn't happen anymore?
Still, the controls are still f'ed up even when set to veteran, especially in the vehicles; sniping also sucks :(
Already bought GTA V anyway :p

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So, this doesn't happen anymore?
Still, the controls are still f'ed up even when set to veteran, especially in the vehicles; sniping also sucks :(
Already bought GTA V anyway :p

Did you set the vehicles control to Veteran? Each type has its own scheme.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering whether I should purchase a ps4 for exclusives but I don't want to play 720p games. I currently game exclusively on my PC and the new consoles seem underpowered.

Bf4 on PC is awesome and looks amazing at 1080p ultra settings.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't even fly a heli for more than 1 minute without screaming like a little girl and abandoning said helicopter.

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering whether I should purchase a ps4 for exclusives but I don't want to play 720p games. I currently game exclusively on my PC and the new consoles seem underpowered.

Bf4 on PC is awesome and looks amazing at 1080p ultra settings.

I think PS4 plays on 1080p. One is 720p upscaled I believe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers