A Classic Playstation

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sony seems to be following in the footsteps of Nintendo in releasing mini consoles preloaded with games.

From The Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/...mini-console-20-games-release-date-announced/

90 British Pounds....seems kind of pricy for only 20 games. Add to the idea that Sony may or may not have any limitations for purchasing so that scalpers take everything....I am not totally sold on the idea.

I just don't get why Nintendo and now Sony don't just sell this, but also add the games to a digital store. Sell games for a certain price, along with the official emulator software, and call it a day. Both companies would make money hand over fist.

Atifbaig786

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
WTF
Sony seems to be following in the footsteps of Nintendo in releasing mini consoles preloaded with games.

From The Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/...mini-console-20-games-release-date-announced/

90 British Pounds....seems kind of pricy for only 20 games. Add to the idea that Sony may or may not have any limitations for purchasing so that scalpers take everything....I am not totally sold on the idea.

I just don't get why Nintendo and now Sony don't just sell this, but also add the games to a digital store. Sell games for a certain price, along with the official emulator software, and call it a day. Both companies would make money hand over fist.
You just ended the console war along with the emulator war in just 1 sentence.

Atifbaig786

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
AGREED
Could you imagine how much money say, Playstation could make if they sold the emulator for $40-$50, and games for about $10 a piece?
Agreed but that would make their hardware obsolete as no one will buy it which will devourer their profits.So,Nah.But you have a point.Instead of rebuilding the whole goddamn game from scratch,They should try an emulator or try building it using a shared platform like Linux does.It works on everything and does the same thing on any hardware.Even the ones which weren't supposed to run anything.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
AGREEDAgreed but that would make their hardware obsolete as no one will buy it which will devourer their profits.So,Nah.But you have a point.Instead of rebuilding the whole goddamn game from scratch,They should try an emulator or try building it using a shared platform like Linux does.It works on everything and does the same thing on any hardware.Even the ones which weren't supposed to run anything.
I can see the argument that it would make hardware obsolete. But at the same time, you will have consumers buying a PlayStation over building or buying a PC. I truly think that hardware sales may not suffer as much, and software sales will most likely increase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay