iPhone 4 720p HD Recording > Evo 4G 720p HD Recording

Genisis

May 27, 2010
Visit site
umm....can we get a better video ? IE one with low light...and or water, moving objects sound something lol. Def a good lookin video but i think we need to see more variables before we pass judgement on the quality.

werx

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
So? I'm not paying an extra $15-25 a month with a 2GB cap on my bandwidth just to have my phone record an extra 10 FPS. You know that is pretty much the only difference, right? Evo records at 20FPS and iPhone at 30. I can set the quality of my Evo to maximum too and get pretty close results. Not impressed.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
No need to get defensive, he's not attacking you or anything, just saying the iPhone has really nice video quality.

That does look much nicer than most evo videos, though there are many reasons I prefer the evo over the iphone, and one having nicer video capture isn't going to change my mind.

Also FPS isn't the only thing that determines video quality

CP4

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I like it, but a video I took the other day in pristine conditions looks almost as good. Sure, the frame rate isn't quite as good, but we're splitting hairs here. A number of folks in the comment section on the link provided are questioning the frame rate and jerky nature of that iphone video.

For the record, I do expect the iphone to take better video. I also think the Evo will be a not-too-distant second -- which I'm fine with.

kyoon19

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
HTC never made good camera phones. The new iphone uses LG camera and lcd which is always top quality imho. I don't really care about 720p video becuase I rarely take videos.

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So? I'm not paying an extra $15-25 a month with a 2GB cap on my bandwidth just to have my phone record an extra 10 FPS. You know that is pretty much the only difference, right? Evo records at 20FPS and iPhone at 30. I can set the quality of my Evo to maximum too and get pretty close results. Not impressed.
Can you show me? I'm getting a lot of artifacts in my videos, jerky motion and sometimes screen tearing and these are shot outside as well.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Pretty cool. I'm going to post a video soon of me removing my evo's battery. Then one of me removing the Palm Pre's battery. Then one of the Pre multitasking better than the Evo. Then one of me using widgets to check my mail, without the need to open an app...maybe set my wallpaper, you know... ;)

Phones are different. Like someone said anyway, nobody going to be shooting Avatar 2 on a phone, so its no big deal.

BrianFX

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why I seem to be the only one who notices this, but the BIGGEST difference in quality between the videos I've seen of the iPhone 4 and Galaxy S vs the EVO is in the audio quality department. EVO's audio seems very low bitrate, hollow & flat.

BrianFX

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Is this some sort of sick joke on HTC end? Why on earth can't the Evo 4G put out quality like that? :(
It's really the difference in audio quality that stands out the most. The EVO sounds like low bitrate, monotone, flat, hollow junk.

My Nokia 3650 (first camera phone released in the USA back in '02) had better sounding audio in the video clips it took, many of which I still have today.

HTC really has to bump up the audio recording quality for 720p video. The iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S are running circles around it in that department (and in video too, though the difference isn't as pronounced).

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Frames Per Second

It really is just about that. The camera lens itself is capable of greatness, but the fps is out of wack. It would be a huge difference if the fps were set at 30 like the Palm Pre and the iPhone.

Why HTC didn't set the fps at 30 is anyones guess. I know they were trying to minimize battery consumption so that could be it.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Frames Per Second

It really is just about that. The camera lens itself is capable of greatness, but the fps is out of wack. It would be a huge difference if the fps were set at 30 like the Palm Pre and the iPhone.

Why HTC didn't set the fps at 30 is anyones guess. I know they were trying to minimize battery consumption so that could be it.

If I am recording video, I am not too concerned with battery life.

joshrothstein

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey people, I am thinking about switching from my palm pre to an EVO. I know the audio recording and video capture fluidity stands for some improvement. Do you think this can/will be done via an ota? Or is are these types of features going to remain as is on the EVO? Any responses are appreciated. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20