Not very nice apple forum

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I posted on apple's Site about reading an article that the ipad mini was going to be $299. To expensive for me. Wow apple people are mean! Glad I've become a DROID! They aren't very nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I kinda have to agree. Check out the blackberry users! If a question was ever asked and you ask it again, it is the end of the world. That being said there are some on there that are extremely helpful and almost go out of their way; far and few. Android users do seem more jovial. Until you start discussing which mfr and rom are better. :).

It will be an interesting price point on the mini, if it is even a reality. Aren't ipods like in that same price point?

I've had my fill of idevices. Not bad devicesn just not for me.

Nexus 7, BBPB and 9930. Among other gadgets. Boy has to keep busy! :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I posted on apple's Site about reading an article that the ipad mini was going to be $299. To expensive for me. Wow apple people are mean! Glad I've become a DROID! They aren't very nice.

What happened? Did they jump on you and tell you that the iPad Mini would be worth it at any price and Steve Jobs (rest is soul) put his blood sweat and tears into the technology that changed the world and no one should ever question the price of an iDevice no matter how ridiculous?

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Basically yep. I read an article from USA Today that said the price was going to be $299. I said that was too much for me and that I would be getting a Samsung Galaxy tab for $199... First it was that apple had not announced the price and that I was trolling and other stuff. Wasn't dishing apple just that the price was too much for me. Guess I forgot to bow when I entered the forum and didn't surrender my DROID phone to the guards.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Basically yep. I read an article from USA Today that said the price was going to be $299. I said that was too much for me and that I would be getting a Samsung Galaxy tab for $199... First it was that apple had not announced the price and that I was trolling and other stuff. Wasn't dishing apple just that the price was too much for me. Guess I forgot to bow when I entered the forum and didn't surrender my DROID phone to the guards.

Ha Ha. Ya, it's a bit nuts these days. Tech has become like religion. Have u looked at the Nexus 7? Everyone is raving about it. I have an Asus Transformer Prime and love it, but it's a bit more $$.

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Debating between the nexus and the galaxy tab 7. I have the Samsung galaxy s3 phone and love it. I'm an audiobook junkie through Audible and can be listening to 3 or 4 books at one time. My thinking was that the Tab 7 would take an sd card to store the books on but very open to suggestions.

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Rather rude response don't you think? By the way... What's a shill? Do I need to punch someone in the screen? (kidding just kidding)

'' You read wrong. Try trolling somewhere else, like an Android fan site. By the way, nobody with half a brain believes you are anything but a shill.''

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Debating between the nexus and the galaxy tab 7. I have the Samsung galaxy s3 phone and love it. I'm an audiobook junkie through Audible and can be listening to 3 or 4 books at one time. My thinking was that the Tab 7 would take an sd card to store the books on but very open to suggestions.

I would look at the Nexus 7 myself. A Dropbox account would help with storage etc. And having Jellybean is nice.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just had a similar situation on facebook today. I posted this link http://www.businessinsider.com/ifa-apples-iphone-tracking-in-ios-6-2012-10 regarding Apple collecting information and just said something to the effect that anyone on an iphone may want to check their settings if privacy is important.

Well you would have thought I had condemned Mother Teresa. I got a fair bit of backlash just for trying to help.

Last edited:

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Good points: Samsung galaxy tab 2
Sd card slot expandable memory, and ir remote app for tv, dual speakers on bottom of device
Bad point: proprietary charger

Good points: nexus 7
Non proprietary charger, and Google should keep well updated
Bad point: limited storage, and speaker on back of device

Heeeeelp I can't decide! I I think my brain is starting to ooze

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Nothing is official until it's official though..

Apple announced an event.

Did they say what the event is about?

They're right. Apple hasn't announced the price. Apple hasn't even announced the product.

I'm seeing the same things on this forum about the next Nexus by LG.

Again. Nothing is official until it's official.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well let me ask you what you expect to typically do with the tablet? I use mine more for games and videos with a bit of web surfing. Pretty simple. Some people need to do more or less. This could help in your decision.

Also a big thing is updates. The Nexus will last longer IMO due to getting the latest and greatest.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Nothing is official until it's official though..

Apple announced an event.

Did they say what the event is about?

They're right. Apple hasn't announced the price. Apple hasn't even announced the product.

I'm seeing the same things on this forum about the next Nexus by LG.

Again. Nothing is official until it's official.

There has been some info in the UK which would indicate the price will be more than the nexus. Not that I'm surprised.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2012/ipad-mini-launch-date-and-price-unveiled.html

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Badbrad17 thank you btw. You answer wonderfully to not only mine but others questions without making us feel like village idiots.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There has been some info in the UK which would indicate the price will be more than the nexus. Not that I'm surprised.

iPad Mini Launch Date And Price Revealed !

I'm not surprised either.

I expect the lowest model "iPad mini" to be $299.

But to me right now, the "iPad mini" doesn't exist.

Nothing is official until it's official.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not surprised either.

I expect the lowest model "iPad mini" to be $299.

But to me right now, the "iPad mini" doesn't exist.

Nothing is official until it's official.

Makes sense. The rumor mill does work non stop doesn't it?:confused:

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Simple games, audiobooks, ereader, facebook

You'll be happy with the Nexus 7. I got one last week, and it's been awesome. Fills all those requirements :) I wish there were more tablet optimized apps, but I'm guessing this is normal with a relatively new device? :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Simple games, audiobooks, ereader, facebook

Glad to help :D

Well based on your uses my choice would be the Nexus. Both would do all you ask but nothing you are going to do needs lots of storage so the nexus will be faster and have the latest os with better specs. Have you gone to the store and tried them out a bit? The feel of the Nexus is nice and smooth. I'm not too sure about the Samsung. You will love it either way but I think most Nexus users as MangoPowah has said are very very happy.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Try posting on iMore and see how much worse they can get. :p

About the iPad Mini, I'm not surprised even that would cost more than a Nexus 7 but what exactly is so special about it besides it being a smaller version of the iPad? (Haven't really done any research on it?)