Stale OS

Absurd Browser

No Apps

No disticntion between devices looks wise

Living off business clients whjo quite frankly now want more from their phones ....

How much longer are business going to shell out for the BB? yes they have security going for them - BUT - you can bet Android people are working on that angle as well at a cost reduction.

I toyed round with the 9700 today - pretty phone, no doubt - and made for people with toothpick fingers ! it's a small phone 2 spotty networks backing it - and to go from the Droid/Eris and I phone browsers to this little point and click arrow seemed prehistoric - kinda like getting out your old Sega for kicks and then after 15 mins, you're like, yeah well....boring...

I had the BBS1 and lemme tell ya that phone was an absolute piece of crap - I paid cxl fee to get out of that thing.
    11-17-2009 12:19 AM
    I don't think BB will ever be out of major player status. They have so much to offer and loads of people who love their phones. I was with BB and the only reason I switched was because of the google nav on the droid. Too many businesses rely on them and will continue to do so. They were designed for and work great with business solutions. To think BB is falling from a major player is just wrong. Look at the data.
    11-17-2009 12:30 AM
    Yeah, BB will still be there for all the buisness men that "need" E-mail to run a buisness. (Because you know, you couldn't run a buisness w/o instant E-mail 15 years ago). But yeah..anyhow..they won't give up the excellent push E-mail for a better browser, and a phone with more/better apps.
    11-17-2009 12:36 AM
    I think BB will kinda turn into what IBM is now. Remember when you used to buy an IBM computer years back? You can't now, unless you're a business and going to buy a server. I think that may be a possible future of BB. A lot of people I know who use BB's don't really use them for what they're meant for, I have a Storm right now and I use it to it's full potential when I'm at home or at work. However my Droid should be here any day now, so I'm excited to make the switch since I've outgrown my Storm, just too fast for it, I need something that can keep up with me.
    11-17-2009 12:47 AM
    In the next few years Blackberry/RIM will improve alot. They're already working on their browser ect. I don't think they'll let themselves fall that far behind. It's just taking them some time to get out of their comfort zones lol.
    11-17-2009 01:06 AM
    BB isn't going anywhere. They will continue improving even though all they are really doing is playing catch-up.
    11-17-2009 01:15 AM
    I posted this in another thread, but thought this one would surely get a kick out of it. This is not going to help matters:

BlackBerry Internet Service stricken with global outages?
    11-17-2009 01:36 AM
    BB isn't going anywhere. They will continue improving even though all they are really doing is playing catch-up.
    And that's kinda sad considering they've been around longer than there winning competitors!
    11-17-2009 01:52 AM
    The only thing that is sad is that no one at RIM ever came up with the idea to go into the consumer market before Apple did.
    11-17-2009 02:09 AM
    I think so! Look how far they have come! Look how many non-business people are carrying them now. They are a contender, thought, they don't posses that "cool" factor yet, such as the Droid.
    11-17-2009 08:04 AM
    Not anytime soon. Most of the users that have the phones don't use them to browse or use the other apps. As of right now BB provides the most secure options for email which is crucial for some businesses if not all. When the others get on par with that, then maybe they will have to make a move or suffer.

And to the guy who said you cant buy IBM doesnt know what he is talking about. They are still making Thinkpads all day. Lenovo is just the personal consumer oriented side.
    11-17-2009 09:03 AM
    Not anytime soon. Most of the users that have the phones don't use them to browse or use the other apps. As of right now BB provides the most secure options for email which is crucial for some businesses if not all. When the others get on par with that, then maybe they will have to make a move or suffer.

And to the guy who said you cant buy IBM doesnt know what he is talking about. They are still making Thinkpads all day. Lenovo is just the personal consumer oriented side.
    Could not have said it better myself. BlackBerry will be fine as they have those people out there who are not into flash but need the most reliable way to get their business emails in a timely fashion and don't care about all of the flash. I've said it before and I'll say it again, competition is good for all of us. It pushes these companies to out do each other to make better products we can purchase.
    11-29-2009 03:41 AM
    As far as security alone goes, everybody is still playing catch up to BB. Most platforms have their pro's and Cons. But as far as a secure device. It's BB for now.
    11-30-2009 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD