Will the FireOS win you over Android?

Whick OS do you like better?

• Total voters

DinoMite001

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
As we all know, Amazon just recently released the Fire Phone. Is the Fire Phone a gimmic, or a real peace of art. First, the Fire Phone is the first mobile device to have "dynamic perspective". Basically, it allows things to become 3d, which gives the front of the phone a pretty ugly face as there is a camera in each corner, detecting you're movement. It also has other special features like Mayday, Amazon's live help, and firefly, basically a cool way to buy things on Amazon. Of course, the Fire Phone dos not come with Google Play, so lacks a lot of apps. This is a step foward for Amazon, not a big one, but enough to get them started.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I still vastly prefer Android. We have a Kindle Fire at home and even that is a bit of a pain to use. Google services are an important part of Android.
Competition is good though, I'm sure there are some users who'd have no problem with Amazon's services :)
Edit: And yes, Fire OS is still Android, but I think this post was referring to more "traditional" versions. The Nokia X runs on Android, and isn't remotely like anything else that runs it.

Last edited: