12-28-2009 10:27 AM
81 ... 234
tools
    another post! Happy Holidays!
    12-27-2009 04:37 PM
    Any input on how Android handles multiple apps/sound output at once (ie. navigation AND music running at once)? Does it pause the music, play the directions, than replay music like webos, or does it just stop music and run nav only like a blackberry?
    12-27-2009 09:45 PM
    Any input on how Android handles multiple apps/sound output at once (ie. navigation AND music running at once)? Does it pause the music, play the directions, than replay music like webos, or does it just stop music and run nav only like a blackberry?
    with my Eris i can have music running and several apps open and switch between them without the music stopping ... love the headphone jack also
    12-27-2009 10:24 PM
    I wonder what Google is doing differently than Microsoft to make it easier/faster for vendors to update their overlays when Google does an OS version update? Are there better standards, practices etc that make it easier and quicker to make version updates?
    I'm curious about this as well. I would assume explicit incentives have been put in place by Google, but beyond that I haven't seen anything specific. I'm going to have to say it's wrong to assume carriers will just naturally want to expend additional resources to test and apply non-essential software updates rather than exert minimal effort needed in order to keep their environment stable. Likewise, manufacturers who create custom UIs have already sold the unit. The question one has to ask himself is.. for whom is this profitable?
    12-27-2009 10:59 PM
    Unfortunately, with all the great things that Android offers, those of us with our HTC Magic, Dream or LG Eve with Rogers Wireless are stuck with 1.5.
    There are no plans for 1.6. Or anything else at this time. Maybe if enough people complain, we will get at least one update. Rogers should give us 2.0 and Sense for the Magic. Until then, us Canadians with Rogers are stuck with an almost obsolete OS version.
    Unless we hack our phones and put on a custom ROM. I know most seroius Android owners do this anyways, but for those less tech savvy and regular people, well, they need official updates that won't make them lose their warranty. I love Android. But hate that my phone has so much potential, but Rogers won't let me access it.
    12-28-2009 04:21 AM
    Week three starts here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/othe...obin-help.html
    12-28-2009 10:27 AM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD