I love it! Simply because of the BB fanboyism that's been building ever since the Droid release. They're threatened and don't want to admit it. Have fun fanboys =)
    12-22-2009 11:24 PM
    I'm so glad I am not dealing with that nightmare right now. I have several friends right now who are going almost bat sh*t crazy because they don't have any data services.
    12-22-2009 11:47 PM
    If you had posted this on crackberry, there would have been a revolt.
    12-23-2009 10:41 PM
    If you had posted this on crackberry, there would have been a revolt.
    Lol. True indeed. Hence the reason why I didn't. Am I wrong for thinkin that though?
    12-23-2009 11:03 PM
    Nope, I'm glad I gave up my BB and when I made a post on crackberry about giving it up, I got flamed big time. I still visit those forums though.
    12-24-2009 02:20 PM
    Nope, I'm glad I gave up my BB and when I made a post on crackberry about giving it up, I got flamed big time. I still visit those forums though.
    I don't. Don't miss it either...
    12-24-2009 02:23 PM
    Not much to miss. Was just over there and I think that they are getting even worse. So glade I dumped my Storm.
    12-24-2009 02:40 PM
    Anyone read the crackberry review? I lol'd at many of the comments. People saying "Well the browser comparison isn't fair, because with BB most people instantly install Bolt or Opera"

Neither of those browsers are anywhere close to the browser on Android. First of all, Bolt has a ****ty interface. Cursor based, no touch links.

Second, Opera doesn't do javascript. Not at all. Try using Reddit, or any other site that uses JS heavily. You reload the whole page for a single change.
    12-25-2009 02:11 AM
    Sad thing is, at least 3/4 of the users there would be better served having an iPhone or an Android phone. They badly want their Blackberry to be one, and it's not going to happen.

The phones are different. Everything about them. If you're tied into the BB corporate infrastructure, you're much better off with a Blackberry. If you aren't, why limit yourself to devices that were built ONLY to be compatible with the corporate infrastructure you're not using? Blackberry's day in the sun is about to be over. Maybe it will be Android to overtake it, maybe not, but the fact that RIM is moving away from their tried and true business model speaks volumes about their faith in their current market position.

I'm tempted to try to retrofit a blackberry Storm shell to run on the internals and LCD of a Hero and sell it on the CB marketplace. 4 buttons and a touchscreen...hmmm. Would be a fun project and something tells me I could sell as many of them as i could make lol.
    12-25-2009 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD