So i work nights and while waiting for my car to warm up to leave i figured i would take some pictures of our display room to share with you

So lets start off with TOLEDs, Transparent Orangic Light Emitting Device (or diodes, depending on what you are refering to)
    Here is a sculpture that really has no purpose, it was just a cool way to display them.

Next We have WOLEDs , White Organic light emitting devices

Next we have FOLEDs, Flexible Organice light emitting devices

Finally we have AMOLEDs, Active Matrix Organic light emitting devices

Here is a Sony 12" OLED TV

Now you see it

Now you dont

Here is a LG 15" OLED TV

Now you see it

Now you don't
    01-15-2011 06:46 AM
    Remind me of that temp job I once had. Cool pics Droid X.
    DroidXcon likes this.
    01-15-2011 06:57 AM
    Way too many different variations of screen technology now. OLED, AMOLED, FOLED. TOLED, LED, LCD, SLCD, LCD/LED, etc...

They all have their advantages but has disadvantages.
    01-15-2011 09:11 AM
    Way too many different variations of screen technology now. OLED, AMOLED, FOLED. TOLED, LED, LCD, SLCD, LCD/LED, etc...

They all have their advantages but has disadvantages.
    yeah but thats like saying their is way to many cars...and not all of them are for screens, as you saw in the pictures there are lighting applications.... and also all those things are the same, just the way they are applied is different. LCD and SLCD are the same, just built different.. Anything with OLED again is the same just the way its applied has changed.
    01-15-2011 09:16 AM
    Thats true but the FOLED, AMOLED, OLED are about the same. Give it time and TOLED will be able to do what OLED can do but transparent, I think.
    01-15-2011 09:23 AM
    Thats true but the FOLED, AMOLED, OLED are about the same. Give it time and TOLED will be able to do what OLED can do but transparent, I think.
    Im working on it

They are all OLED, those names are lazy talk for the application
    01-15-2011 09:24 AM
    Im working on it

They are all OLED, those names are lazy talk for the application
    Nice. OLED are nice but expensive IMO. Not on phones but as far as TVs are concerned.
    01-15-2011 09:29 AM
    Excellent stuff Danny, and thanks for sharing. It's amazing to think of the technology that's out there that we haven't even seen yet.
    01-15-2011 05:14 PM
    Pretty damn cool stuff! Sounds like you have an awesome job.
    DroidXcon likes this.
    02-07-2011 11:12 PM
    Nice. OLED are nice but expensive IMO. Not on phones but as far as TVs are concerned.
    Actually they are much much much cheaper to make then any type of LCD,, its only expensive now because its so new that no one has the ability to mass produce them. Samsung got on this early on while other companies didnt have the resources. 5 or six yrs down the line everything will be affordable
    02-07-2011 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD