HELP! Best Laptop? Vaio Or Samsung

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I need a laptop to develop on. I need to know which is the best. I am looking into a Sony Vaio or a Samsung. Which one. Is there another brand that will be a good developing computer? HELP PLEASE.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I would check out Dell business laptops. Dell does custom configurations on those so you can get the RAM, graphics card, whatever. . The speeds and efficiency are different on the business ones. I've got a Latitude 620, it isn't quite up to Photoshop CS3 specs, but runs it just fine. It's made for heavy duty multitasking. I don't trust Sony after the DRM issue, and now they are after a gamer? who hacked the playstation. Sony seems to have declared that they have the right to say how you use any of their devices, and that you are only "renting" them.
?www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/01/so???-message
If this is totally for real, I want no part of it.

Reactions: Baconator

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Dell business laptops are the only Dell laptops I like. I would never buy Sony laptops just because of the issues I have delt with on Sony laptops.

But check out ASUS and Toshiba, what is your budget? I have had both ASUS and Toshiba, just bought a Toshiba about 9 months ago and ASUS about 4 years ago and still being used.

I bought a Toshiba A505-S6020 about 9 months ago for $700ish and it has a i5, 4gb ram, nvidia 310m gpu, 16" screen, harman/kardon speakers and all that jazzy stuff. I didn't need all of it but it was under my slightly under my budget and it was on sale from $900 price tag which was over my budget. So I just went ahead and bought it, happy with it as well. I rarely game on it but nice to know I can, I tried starcraft 2 and call of duty 4 on it and both works great.

Reactions: Baconator

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the ubuntu vostro v130 from dell so I could use it for developing. It was around 500 bucks. You can get with win 7 for a bit more. I have been using dell computers for the last 10 years for home and business without many problems. Still have my first laptop kicking with just a bad battery and cd rom after 7 years of use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Cheap as in under $500? Actually, at bestbuy, there is a good toshiba laptop with good specs for about $500 I believe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc