Android phone users-I Plan to upgrade to Droid-is it the best Android phone for me ?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. I will be upgrading from the BB curve to one of the Android OS phones - next weekend...and I believe I will go with the Droid from Verizon.

Only thing I am concerned about is a decrease in the ease of texting on the Droid vs. the BB, but I think the benefits of the Droid outweight the BB curve.

I am a 40 something sales-rep who needs a super reliable phone and ability to text with relative ease. I also am looking forward to a phone that offers "real" apps, etc. Social networking is not a top priority for me. I want a phone that has a speaker and one that I can put my music on and put pictures on.

I will use the Droid as a business phone, so it has to be reliable and I need a phone that I can text with fairly easily ( though I know it may not be as good as the BB for texting). From reading the other forums, it seems most people are using the touchscreen of the Droid to text.

My question is... where do the other Android phones stack up compared to the Droid ??????

ie). the HTC Eris, the Devour, the Incredible, the Nexus one.

I know the Eris has a smaller screen and the Verizone rep said it was not quite as powerful as the Droid...and the devour is aimed more at social networking ( which is not a priority for me)....so I have pretty much ruled those out.

Can anyone comment on the Incredible or the Nexus one ?

I am pretty sure the Droid is the best fit for me, but wanted to see if there was any other feedback on the other Android phones before taking the plunge. Is there anything that I am missing.

I know the decision is subjective but just wanted to get any general feedback out there.

thanks for any feedback.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i went from a curve to a droid, and i couldnt be happier. yes, the physical keyboard on the droid is inferior to that of a BB, but once you get used to it, it does the job. and i would rather have the droid's keyboard than none at all.

as far as comparing it to a N1 or the incredible, both of those phones will be slightly faster than the droid, but not that much. the incredible runs the sense UI, which is much loved by many android users, but you can also get that on the other two phones if you choose through custom ROMS if you choose to dive deep into your android phone. other than that, there isnt a ton of difference besides the fact that the other 2 phones have to physical keyboard. all 3 phones are going to be running android 2.1 so the OS wont be different. my advice? just go with the droid. its awesome

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got my droid a a few days ago. I upgraded from a blackberry curve. So far i love the droid. its far superior to any blackberry. and the physical keyboard isnt terrible but will take some getting used to.

The virtual keyboards are nice as well. Its a great phone.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
i went from a curve to a droid, and i couldnt be happier. yes, the physical keyboard on the droid is inferior to that of a BB, but once you get used to it, it does the job. and i would rather have the droid's keyboard than none at all.

as far as comparing it to a N1 or the incredible, both of those phones will be slightly faster than the droid, but not that much. the incredible runs the sense UI, which is much loved by many android users, but you can also get that on the other two phones if you choose through custom ROMS if you choose to dive deep into your android phone. other than that, there isnt a ton of difference besides the fact that the other 2 phones have to physical keyboard. all 3 phones are going to be running android 2.1 so the OS wont be different. my advice? just go with the droid. its awesome

thanks for the comments - i think i will most likely take the Droid. Can you tell me if it supports a blue tooth ear piece. i read a review on CNET and I hope I misread it because it seemed to imply that blue tooth is not supported. In my state hads-free is a new law.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae