Alex's hands-on

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree, the design is very nice. It's unique and stands out from the rest of the Android crowd. However, Gingerbread! Not an issue for those who would root and flash an ICS ROM, but still...

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why is the battery not removable? Is that standard on all Sony designs?
Am more interested in the Ion instead of the S, but would think you would want to have a extra battery around for most any phone these days.

Bushido90

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
my phone came into the US here in Texas.
Since it is an unlocked phone, my Verizon 4G carrier might not be compatible with this phone. I've talked with a Verizon rep, and he says its not possible to put a 4G micro sim into the Xperia S.

I've cut up my old 4G LTE sim card and test fit it into the Xperia, and it won't recognize the sim

help please

murrayalex

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Returned mine after 2 weeks, the battery cover must have cost them about ?1....it is loose and pressing on it reveals wobbliness. Pushing up on it inadvertently pops it off. Lord knows why they bothered with a back cover in the first place. Lovely screen but I found it too tall, the square corners add to the slabby feel of it. Camera in decent light is good, in poorish light it is frankly mediocre. Gone back to my trusty Xperia Arc S whose camera is better.:)

Tonto1977

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Had this phone two days and really like it- screen is very nice and is more compact than I thought. I was tossing up between this and a Moto Razr but I didn't like the Razors screen and camera samples and audio on headphone not as good.
Negatives I have come across are those capative buttons arn't that responsive- battery life isnt that good (but supposedly better than the HTC One X I was also looking at). Also charging USB is behind a flimsy door which I might just take off as it gets in the way.
I am holding for ICS before I make a final conclusion on it as with a few apps it should do ok.

DocGo

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I like the phone but the Bridge software is driving me nuts. I was only able to connect successfully one time but now couldn't connect at all. The fact that OS upgrade for this phone is only possible by connecting to computer (not over the air) is also not good...especially since the Bridge software is so erratic.:mad:

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Had this phone two days and really like it- screen is very nice and is more compact than I thought. I was tossing up between this and a Moto Razr but I didn't like the Razors screen and camera samples and audio on headphone not as good.
Negatives I have come across are those capative buttons arn't that responsive- battery life isnt that good (but supposedly better than the HTC One X I was also looking at). Also charging USB is behind a flimsy door which I might just take off as it gets in the way.
I am holding for ICS before I make a final conclusion on it as with a few apps it should do ok.

4.0.4 now on Sony Xperia S makes a massive difference.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar