X10 dialling pad for text entry?

Tiro

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello. My apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I've just upgraded to an Xperia X10 from a Nokia N95, which had a physical keypad for dialling and text input. Even in landscape, I'm finding the on-screen keyboards of the X10 very difficult to use, as the keys are just too small for me to type very accurately and I keep having to go back and delete then re-type very carefully and it takes an age. :D

Does anyone know if there's an alternative keyboard available that would enable me to use a phone number-pad input in text fields, with T9 capability? Something like the standard dialler pad? I've done a number of searches on the Market on terms that seem relevant but while I can find plenty of alternative keyboard layouts, I can't find anything. I'd appreciate any suggestions...

Tiro

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the link. I wonder, though, if you could give me a quick rundown on how to install it? I have the files extracted from the zip but being an utter Android newbie I don't know where to put them on the phone or how best to get them there..

Or if you could point me towards some instructions that'd be appreciated.

Thank you. :D

4mynikka

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Install them in your sd card, use an app like es file explorer to install app from your sd card to yohr phone. Then go to your keyboard settings and set it up, and activate the htc keyboard.

Nelson76

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Take off the preinstalled screen protector. X10's come with a screen protector installed out of the box. I've had the phone for over a month and I just removed the screen protector yesterday(at first I had 2 screen protectors on because I didn't know it had a preinstalled one). If you installed a screen protector when you got it, then remove it. And if you want it to be really good to type on, remove the preinstalled screen protector. I did and the screen is apparently a hard mineral/glass compound that is very scratch resistant.