10-05-2012 10:17 AM
45 12
tools
    I didn't go to swap out the phone but it is appearing to have better life today. 7 hours at 70%

Sent from my Sony Xperia Ion using Tapatalk 2.
    07-19-2012 04:57 PM
    I didn't go to swap out the phone but it is appearing to have better life today. 7 hours at 70%

That's exceptional on my opinion lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 09:12 PM
    Haven't used Facebook as my wife and I swore it off and have never even after an account. It seems as though this new battery is dying fast for me. It has been going down fast and if I use it it needs to be charged after 5-6 hours were as the last phone was great. I might go to att today to swap again as I have 6 days left before 30 days are up.

I use 2x battery by Sam Lu. It has increased the battery life of my phone. I've tried without the battery saver and I noticed how fast the battery died. I've been happy with it.
    07-19-2012 10:22 PM
    I'm going today to swap my phone out.(battery issues) Does anyone know of a way to reset the phone to factory settings?
    Also i have pics stored on the internal memory,is there a way to move them to the SD card?
    07-22-2012 07:23 AM
    Have you or anyone been having trouble with the facebook app? The last couple of days, it's been crap..it never loads properly and seems to lose connection and I'm always having to refresh. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall..nothing is working. Anyone else having issues? My wife has the HTC Vivid and her facebook app is smooth and flawless..so I was thinking it was just something with the phone?
    My facebook app is also giving me trouble,i swear this didn't happen until the latest update.
    I sometimes get a black screen when it opens or i'll get words and no pictures.however if i keep scrolling up and down this sometimes fixes it.
    notifications work when they feel like it
    I've uninstalled and re-installed and it seemed to help with the issue.
    07-22-2012 07:37 AM
    I read some posts from users saying their battery life has improved..I know mine isn't improving, it's about the same, maybe a tad less. If mine gets worse I may exchange mine for another as well..I still have about 2 weeks of my 30 days left. I really wish I didn't have to put mine on the charger 2 times a day, so if you trade and that helps you, I may exchange mine also. I'm really hoping the ICS update will help improve battery life some too.
    Same thing I had to deal with. 2-3 recharges a day. Sony didn't ship a rapid charger with a $99 on contract phone for no reason. They know the battery life is bad. It's a pretty well-known fact from pretty much all the reviews have come to that conclusion.
    07-23-2012 06:26 PM
    Well if my phone has good signal I am getting 16-18_hours with average use now. I by no means am using the phone a ton to watch videos or game. Just texting, calling and Web browsing.

07-23-2012 07:29 PM
    My facebook app is also giving me trouble,i swear this didn't happen until the latest update.
    I sometimes get a black screen when it opens or i'll get words and no pictures.however if i keep scrolling up and down this sometimes fixes it.
    notifications work when they feel like it
    I've uninstalled and re-installed and it seemed to help with the issue.
    Yeah I don't know what's up with the facebook app..I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's still a huge pain. I noticed that a lot of people have this complaint with the new update on the facebook app reviews.
    07-24-2012 05:15 PM
    Yeah I don't know what's up with the facebook app..I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's still a huge pain. I noticed that a lot of people have this complaint with the new update on the facebook app reviews.
    Yeah and it seems like its getting worse. I hope a fix is in the works!

Sent from my LT28at using Android Central Forums
    07-24-2012 07:15 PM
    I haven't seen any problems with the Facebook app on the ion, although I know it's notoriously buggy. Must be luck of the draw.
    07-25-2012 04:55 PM
    The only facebook issue I have (for the past 2 years really) is the widget never updates properly. Updates after 2-3 days or mixes up updates.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    07-28-2012 09:14 AM
    Another issue I'm having is with the Twitter app. For some reason I cannot get the sound notification to work.I get the vibration and the light flashes, but no sound. Weird! does anyone here use the Twitter app?

07-28-2012 09:42 AM
    I use Plume instead of the official Twitter app. Much better, in my opinion.
    07-28-2012 09:51 AM
    I use Plume instead of the official Twitter app. Much better, in my opinion.
    Thanks for the tip. I just installed, I'm liking it already!

07-28-2012 02:06 PM
    I personally love tweetcaster. Works the best for me and you can customize it completely.

07-28-2012 11:39 PM
    Twitter actually has push notifications for Tweets/Mentions/DMs. The rest don't. That along is enough to make the Official app better by default.

As for the sound, maybe you just can't hear it out of the speaker? X-D
    07-30-2012 02:08 PM
    Twitter actually has push notifications for Tweets/Mentions/DMs. The rest don't. That along is enough to make the Official app better by default.

As for the sound, maybe you just can't hear it out of the speaker? X-D
    Lol..no that's not it. It just doesn't make a sound, and I've tried them all.

07-30-2012 07:27 PM
    Not sure what that issue is, then, other than to do the obvious and tell you to check your notification ringtone :-(
    08-08-2012 09:23 AM
    Also i have pics stored on the internal memory,is there a way to move them to the SD card?
    You should be able to just plug into your computer via usb. This will add the Ion as an external drive in explorer. Then just dig down into your folders. You can use the gallery on your phone to find the exact directory of the pics. Personally, I just use swiftp app on the phone and filezilla on my pc to wirelessly transfer the files. A bit slower, but easy if not a little technical.
    10-05-2012 10:07 AM
    I just bought this phone (free at best buy right now), and I have to say it's the most underrated phone on the market. The size takes a little getting used too, but what's not to like? Put ICS on it last night, then added my normal apps. Screen is much better than I expected, I came off a galaxy s1 with amoled. Viewing angle not as good, but I never hold the phone like that when using it. Looking at it dead on, it's amazing.

I'll have to report back on battery life, after I'm done playing around with it. But so far so good. Didn't notice it being any worse than my 2.5 year old battery in my galaxy.
    10-05-2012 10:17 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD