Hi ,
    this is my second android phone , I rooted my first phone ( Samsung infuse ) because I found simple instructions online , I used titanium backup to backup my apps , now I need to root my xperia ion to restore my app data, but the instructions I found are very complicated for me , can anyone provide a link to a simple method in plain English.I'm not interested in custom roms and such , I just need a root access to use Titanium backup.
    08-09-2012 11:04 AM
    Hi ,
    this is my second android phone , I rooted my first phone ( Samsung infuse ) because I found simple instructions online , I used titanium backup to backup my apps , now I need to root my xperia ion to restore my app data, but the instructions I found are very complicated for me , can anyone provide a link to a simple method in plain English.I'm not interested in custom roms and such , I just need a root access to use Titanium backup.
    Which version of android are you on? Try this http://pamandroid.blogspot.com/2012/...on-how-to.html
    08-09-2012 12:27 PM
    Hi ,
    The link already provided is for the LT28i, which is not the AT&T version. To achieve root for the AT&T version of the Ion, you need to go here xda-developers - View Single Post - Rooting Xperia ION (updated 6 Aug 2012). You will have to do this on a computer running windows.
    08-09-2012 04:34 PM
    i would like a step by step process how to root my sony xperia ion. i have never rooted android. i just got this phone yesterday. i use to have an iphone 4 and i jailbroke it and found it was easy to jailbreak. however im having trouble in find an easy process to root this phone please help
    08-22-2012 08:00 PM
    I just updated my AT&T xperia ion to ICS and I need to root it only, I don't need to flash any custom roms . I only need to install Titanium Backup and backup my apps. any ideas how to root?
    I looked at the link judeMAN provided but the steps include flashing a custom room.
    09-27-2012 09:10 AM
    Hey,may you help me how to root my phone's Sony Xperia Ion?
    I want to download some application from play store,but after I download that application,it's doesn't work for my phone,because my phone isn't root yet..
    How can I root my Sony Xperia Ion? Thx before

Sent from my LT28h using Android Central Forums
    03-31-2013 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD